XBOX Halo 5 Guardians Collector Edition

It doesn’t matter to Woot. They’ve got a whole bunch of other fantastic products for our shopping pleasure.

In my days we paid 59$ for a video game and we liked. Are my eyes deceiving me or is this 200$ + smackaroons for one stinken game

The game by itself is still $59.99. Collector’s Editions are nothing new.

Your eyes are deceiving you. Games still cost $60 or less. This is a collector bundle with a bunch of other stuff included.

Of course this doesn’t include a console; why anyone would assume a $220 bundle would include a $350 console and a $60 game is beyond me.

Any time the name of the item includes the words “Collector Edition” it is not a collectors item. They just want you to think it is.

Can’t wait for the $200 Collector Edition DLC.

FYI you can trade in the digital code for a physical disc for 2 weeks at Xbox Support

Make sure you don’t redeem the digital code or you lose out on the physical disc!

That was my thinking as well. To see Woot carrying something on release day is kind of interesting.

It also makes me wonder if the Halo CE edition didn’t do so well in pre-order sales, if Woot has some to sell. :slight_smile:

Also worth noting Halo 5 does not support split-screen play, both co-op campaign and online multiplayer. Every other Halo game has, disappointing. Making video games unsocial.

I wouldn’t think that I could get the game ($60) and the console ($350 new) for $200 - used or not. For those that are REALLY into Halo and like collector’s editions $200 isn’t that crazy of a price.

Why is everyone upset about the price? As of yesterday, if you paid for it in full, it was $250. This is a great price for it not even having been out for 24 hours.

i came here to post the same thing. $220 shipped, tax in TX. what a scam… it’ll be $89 in the clearance section in month.

Actually this version has been out since last Tuesday. Since it includes a digital copy instead of physical, they could block you from playing until today.

As mentioned above, GCU at Best Buy is a better deal to buy this and even better if they were still offering the $10 extra rewards since it has been out a week.

Edit: Forgot a word of warning - there are a number of reviews mentioning damaged statues, so you may end up needing to exchange or return it if you buy.

Well, glad to see we’re all on the same page.

I was like, “An X-Box one for $214?! Score!” Then I was like, “What the heck?”

As an avid gaming fan, i purchased this today.

Yes, Exactly. The ad clearly states its a game + Collectors edition in what it comes with inside, True Collectors would know the value of this as you wont see it in store shelves.

For the people that didn’t wake up at 6AM to get this pre-order from bestbuy.com @ 249.99 minus all the reward zone points, its available here + time saved and your well rested and with woot sure shipping.

Why would anyone assume an XBOX Console sell for $214.00 when the Retail is $349.99?

Because based upon the Dell BF2015 promotion, and subtracting off the internal/wholesale pricing for what’s bundled, the actual wholesale price for an XbONE is around $230 by itself. Paying anything more than that for a bare system (with 1 controller) is 100% profit split between MS & the retailer.