Xtreme 6ft HDMI Cable – 2 Pack

Is “Xtreme” just a marketing gimmick or are these really tougher than normal cables?

i’ve had bad luck buying from places with no physical address or phone number

I have used them for a lot of purchases through eBay and direct from there own website. Never had one problem. Excellent prices, fast shipping, and great selection. I have gone back to them time and time again for cables and (for me non OEM)cell phone and camera accessories.

They do good work in me opinion.

For 2 bucks and a lil change you can buy amazons cable. It. Boasts many of the features listed here and has free shiping Mine arrived next day and works great. Buy 2 of those for 5 bucks and then go 2 kfc and buy 3 of those bunless sandwiches for you and a buddy for lunch. If your gonna spend $13 you deserve 2 hdmi cables and a 3000 cal lunch.

Eforcity is a good resource for electronics and is very safe. All who say that most HDMI cables are alike and it’s a waste to spend money on Monster cables are correct. We use Monoprice.com at work for our projects and they have an excellent product at a great price. Be careful when connecting cables together, because, anytime that you add a connection there is usually signal degridation. If you use a hub to split the signal, use a powered one (Monoprice) because it will be more reliable than a normal splitter and w/o one, signal strength will be a problem, even with digital. Lastly, the insulation is to shield the signal from extraneous magnetic fields which can distort any signal (digital or otherwise).

Will these cables do 3D once it becomes more mainstream?

Where do you see that? Their basic 6.5’ cable is selling for $4.48 Still not bad, just need to buy more than $25 to get free shipping.

(The higher end Amazon cable equivalent to this Woot is $13.67)

Or have Amazon Prime. Definitely a sound investment.

arg … where is the 1.4, still can’t beat the price.

Burn is burn, so yeah they should work.

BTW I love the “nitrogen injected dielectric” selling point. These cables use twin axial cable, and it is common place to use what is called foamed polyethylene insulator on the conductors. This type of insulation works well for small conductors and it is low loss.

Anyway it made me chuckle. I bet if you would press them they would say it is a proprietary blend of gasses. And if you investigated further you would find out that the blend perfectly matches the atmosphere in Malaysia or where ever these are made…

if by 3D you mean 3D Over HDMI then,
yes it can but you probably dont have the 1.4 equipment even then manufacturers can opt it out.

Are manufacturers required to implement all of the new HDMI 1.4 features?

No. HDMI technology is designed to enable a wide variety of manufacturers in different markets to implement the feature sets that work best for their customers.

no cable maker has been certified for 1.4 yet,that I know of.

edit: found one: My Cable Mart - HDMI Products
and a quote from them bellow

Where are My v1.4 HDMI Cables? A number of makers have elected to release untested, uncertified, and effectively, un-authorized cables claiming to meet the HDMI LLC version 1.4 testing specification.

There is confusion on what exactly consumers need for newer HDTV’s with 3D capability. HDMI LLC, the licensee and owner of the technology has indicated that they do not expect ANY consumer products (ie TVs, BluRay Players, etc) to be available to sale that will REQUIRE “HDMI with Ethernet” functionality until the end of 2010, or beginning of 2011. And even then, only a small number of specialized products will NEED ethernet functionality. HD 3D capabilities simply require a HIGH SPEED HDMI cable capable of supporting speeds of 10.2Gbps. Most v1.3 certified cables support this speed, and thus FULLY SUPPORT 3D functionality. in other words “3D video requires substantial data throughput, so you’ll want to use a High Speed HDMI cable (with or without Ethernet).”

Quoted from the HDMI LLC website: http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/hdmi_1_4_faq.aspx

1.3 can’t handle full 1080P for 3D, it will show 3D but at degraded quality. That is the trade-off.

I see your point but the quote was talking about 1.4 hardware with 1.3 cables, not about 1.3 hardware with 1.3 cables.

I’m in for one pack. I’m interested to see how well the mesh is constructed around the cable.

Yep - Malaysian air is nothing special. But I’d pay extra for Texas air!

You’re right about the corrosion - my bad. According to at least one expert, gold connectors can even be bad:

“Gold connectors are a big fallacy. Gold-to-gold is an excellent contact, but if you have silver or tin contacts on your equipment, you’re throwing your money away and asking for problems by using a gold-plated connector. When you put electricity through a junction of dissimilar metals, there are electrochemical migrations over time that can cause problems.”

source

On the other hand, the “it’s a digital signal, so you either get a perfect picture or no picture” theory is bunk. I’ve read several studies that demonstrate that dropouts do occur with digital signals, especially over long cables or cables with many connections (it’s better to use a long cable than multiple short ones joined together). Digital dropouts cause missing pixels and other artifacts.

However, these studies routinely show that expensive cables such as Monster offer no advantage over well-made, inexpensive cables, (such as the ones Woot sells).

There difference in quality between 99 cent cables from a deal site and 300 dollar monster cables is so minimal, it is hardly noticeable.

These might have gold plating, but they are not going to improve the transferred data (like mentioned before, it is digital). If anything, it might prevent the connectors from corrosion and might provide a longer life span. But for 13 bucks (cost + shipping), life span isn’t the biggest issue. They stop working? Throw em out and pick up a new one.

The main advantage to these cables is the durability and length. They are a quality product, and at 6.50 per cable, they are a steal.

Agreed. To piggy back on your “throw em out and pick up a new one” point, I’ll reference the lifetime warranty Xtreme offers. Great deal.

In for one.

Shipping Update

Xtreme 6ft HDMI Cable – 2 Pack has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING