XtremeMac Portable Battery Pack for iPods

It has two headphone jacks with separate volume controls. Cool if you use two different types of headphones. The bad thing is you have to use the 30 pin Ipod cable (not encluded) to charge it and my cable went bad and now discharges my Ipod and the Micropack instead of charging them.

I’m in for one. The battery life on my IPOD Nano sucks. Anything that could extend it for a few hours is great for me.

bummer about no nano 3G support, wonder why not.

No Ipod ! No Good !!

i would also ask if this works with iPod Touch, but first of all, the Touch has the same dock connector as the 5.5-gen Video iPod, and second of all, i already bought the thing. It’s only now that i realize that this will work horribly with the iPod Touch because videos are watched in landscape mode…

Woot, In for one. Woot if you keep this up i will be breaking all my New Year’s Resolutions to save money and not spend it all on needless things.

Every dock made for the 4G ipod that I’ve tried has worked for my iPhone, so I’m thinking this should work.

Confirmation would be nice though.

Really? How? It’s a third-party accessory.

Bought two simply for the price and because its always nice to have another dock around.

Are these being shipped via SmartPost?

Do you see a smartpost icon on the front page?

call Apple or go to a store to get a new charger cable…

No

Don’t taze me, Bro!

it doesnt say anything about shipping

Weird, I read the comments then clicked back to Yahoo and this was the top story…

http://tech.yahoo.com/news//ap/20071228/ap_on_hi_te/lithium_batteries_travel

It’s part of the vast microsoft conspiracy.

Oh yayyyy, another idiotic proprietary lithium ion gadget, especially ironic since it’s a workaround to the proprietary lithium ion battery in the ipod that’s the problem this thing supposedly solves. Crap I hate those things. I only bought the Sansa c240 woot in order to play with rockbox, and I bought three of them to have spare batteries, but my main player is still an M260 that runs on a rechargeable AAA cell. When the cell runs out of charge, I just swap in another one from the 4-pack that I have on my desk. When I start running out of charged ones (several weeks) I charge them all up again and life is good. I just wish there were some AAA or AAA powered players that didn’t suck in unrelated ways. I should mention if I didn’t, that I hate lithium ion.

Yeah I just don’t want to pay $25 for a new cable. Woot how about some ipod cables next. lol.

Who needs this?

1. Someone planning to spend the weekend at a cabin that has no power.
  2. Someone cleaning up after a hurricane before the power is reconnected.
  3. Someone who buys things just because they are offered at a significant discount below the original asking price.
  4. The Ipod Museum

…anyone else?