Yamaha 7.2 Receiver with 8K HDMI & Dolby Atmos

Yamaha 7.2 Receiver with 8K HDMI & Dolby Atmos

3 Likes

What voltage range does it work in? Will it work for 220-230V power supply networks in Europe?

2 Likes

Morning. Found the manual on the linked specs page.

Power Supply
( [U.S.A. and Canada models] AC 120 V, 60 Hz

3 Likes

Hi all,
These mention that they are factory reconditioned. With that being said do they come with the latest firmware and have the board replacement been made for HDMI 2.1

2 Likes

Yes on any hardware replacements required. As to the firmware, not sure. It’s always available on the Yamaha site though.

4 Likes

this is oh so tempting

3 Likes

I love it! Just received it and set it up. It’s true…the board replacement came with the factory rebuilt. Xbox series x is running at 4k UHD 120z.

I was planning on sending it right off to Yamaha to get the board exchange as soon as I got. This saved me the time and headache of having to do this myself. Condition also look new.

5 Likes

Is it a good choice to use this to run stereo setup? Idea is to use inbuilt crossovers/ bass management for subwoofer, plus ability to airplay, room correction.

How good are the front channel amps? It says 100w when 2 channel driven. Does it mean 100wpc or 50+50=100.

3 Likes

Well, mine lasted 2 months, then just completely crapped out. Now i have to deal with Yamaha warranty. Last time i buy refurbished.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, my 4K 7.2 refurbished Atmos Yamaha receiver I got from woot in 2018 is still going strong!

sucks discovery channel GIF by Discovery Europe

1 Like

The unit is garbage. It requires frequent resets because either the HDMI stops working or the audio stops working.

3 Likes

Have you reached out to Yamaha? There’s a one year warranty from them. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

…is still going strong!

Shhh. The equipment can hear you.

2 Likes

Come Again Mission Control GIF by NASA

1 Like