Yamaha ATS-2090 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer

Yamaha ATS-2090 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer

Bought this the last time it was offered to replace a more expensive Denon sound bar that was beyond economical repair. Have been using it for about a month and am very pleased with it’s performance. Easy to set up and tweak with the supplied remote and companion apps. One spec you will not see in the listing is the most important one: Frequency response. If I had to guess, I would put it at a solid 60-18K Hz with low distortion. All considered, this is a bargain, especially if you have Prime for free delivery.

3 Likes

I also ordered this last time. The sound was very good for the price but it did not work properly. The volume would get locked and the only fix was to unplug the unit but then it would happen again in 20-30 minutes. I tried it on two TV’s and it happened on both so it was not an ARC issue. Other than the refund taking longer than usual Amazon/woot took it back no problem including return shipping.

1 Like

I have this sound bar and it’s really not very good. I can get it to sound ok, but only by changing the audio processing for every type of thing I’m listening to (music, sports, movies, tv). Or sometimes I have to change it for each different tv show. If I don’t, often the voices sound super muddled and hard to hear. I finally gave up on it for TV and just use it in a different room for music. It’s actually pretty decent for music. I also had some ARC problems with my tv and ended up just having to force it to stay on all the time and then use optical. I’d stay away from this and buy a cheap Vizio 5.1 system instead.