Yamaha TSR-700 & Klipsch Sound System Bundle

Yamaha TSR-700 & Klipsch Sound System Bundle

Starting off at $0.00? I must have just missed this! shenanigans!

1 Like

Is the 0.00 starting price a mistake?

Helpful review for the Yamaha! I recommend watching at double-speed.

Where are you seeing $0?

Edit: Ah, Twitter. Yeah, that’s a goof.

1 Like

Not a bad system for the price. You get a good, newer model Yamaha AV receiver that has more than enough power to drive these smaller satellites. Knowing Klipsch, the speakers themselves probably sound quite good, maybe a bit bright for some, being horn-loaded in typical Klipsch fashion. As for the subwoofer (R8SW) included in this set, it’s a decent sub. I bought one last month for a 2.1 bedroom system and I’ve been enjoying it, it hits decently hard despite being a smaller 8” woofer with only 50W. I will say this - the sub tends to chuff/“fart” if you play it too hard.

With that being said, this is a pretty good system & I think most would be pleased with it, especially if this is your first system.

1 Like

I don’t know how many they have but this shouldn’t last long, there are mediocre 3 channel soundbars that cost this much and pale in comparison in quality and distributed multi-channel audio. This is a very good package, if you are thinking of getting one, jump on board you’ll be happy you did.

1 Like

One of the reasons people spend money on soundbars (and their inherent compromises) is they don’t want to deal with the wiring. I have a feeling some small percentage of these purchased will be used as 3.1 systems because running the wires to the surround speakers is overwhelming :slight_smile:

Yep. There’s a reason they never show any wires or cabling in any speaker system photos. Sales would drop as people realized what is required and what it would look like.

2 Likes

This whole idea of having to deal with wires makes this a no-go for me. Do any Wooters know of a good wireless system comparable to this or better?

It was pretty much on every marketing piece. Banner, link, etc.

This package is only 100 watts? For $600+?

This is a great price. You will want to replace the 8” sub with a 10” sub. I run the 8” and a 10” sub. Big difference.
As far as wireless. You will lose some sound quality but you can buy the Bluetooth receivers that will work on any speaker. So if you want wireless you can go that route but sound quality will suffer.

If you are a bench specs racer this is not the system for you.

Yeah dropping a wire down a wall is rocket science…

Is it 100*7 or 100/7?

I use something like this. Mine is a several year old, so probably not the exact model, but looks similar. We are pretty happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Wireless-Home-Theater-Speaker/dp/B07KSGYFX3

1 Like

I have had this Klipsch speaker system for a few years now. Fantastic. A little bright, but perfect for movie/tv audio. For music listening it can be a little on the trebly side of things, so ymmv.

1 Like

It initially said a starting price of $0.00 on the app (in 2 different places). I think it changed by 12:30am central.

It is 100 watts per channel. They used to list amps like this as 700-watt systems, but maybe listing it as 100-watt is more clear (and honest?). Or maybe not…?