Yamaha TSR-7850R 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver

Yamaha TSR-7850R 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver

This is the exact same AVR currently being sold by Costco. And they currently offer a $100 discount to $389 vs Woot!’s $259 for a used example.

I’ve lost count of the times I’ve considered buying this at Costco due to our buggy & ailing Pioneer Elite AVR.

While the apparently actual manufacturer refurb & 1-year Yamaha warranty do build confidence, I wish it were easier to decipher the reasons for some low ratings. To separate actual failures and feature defects from buyers remorse and new owners having no clue how to set it up.

And getting today’s full-featured AVRs fully set up and configured can be a very long process - so experiments are not to be taken lightly.

Still on the fence…

you can find receivers on sale all the time, never is there any reason to buy a used or reconditioned one in my opinion

My son got a Yamaha new old stock from Best buy, $500 unit for about 45% off, or close to the cost of this refurb. about a year ago. He has it set up 7.1 and it sounds and works great. We did need to tweak the settings after using the set up microphone.