Yamaha TSR-7850R 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver

Yamaha TSR-7850R 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver

Bought this last time it was on. Great receiver. Bass is initially low and I almost sent it back but checked online and apparently it is something that fixes itself.

1 Like

They had this exact same receiver for $259.99 last November, I talked my buddy in to getting one and he enjoys it. I still had the old email saved that I’d sent him, curiousity had me check the old price. It is a good receiver as I have one myself, just wanted to let potential buyers know that Woot has sold it cheaper in the past and probably will again.

4 Likes

Just to set things straight, that price was for an open box leftover with a reduced 30 day Woot warranty. These are sealed refurbs with a one year Yamaha warranty. They won’t be selling these any where at the price you mentioned, sealed refurbs with one year warranty.

1 Like

Hi there. This price reflects the price increase from our vendors caused by shortages in various supply chains due to the COVID.

2 Likes

When I bought it refurbished with a 1 year warranty it was $269. Unfortunately, as the man says, prices on a lot of things have gone up due to shortages in components. It will probably be at least another year before things return to normal.

3 Likes

Yep, glad I don’t need one today!

If the reviews on the Mothership don’t say it enough, I will state here this is a phenomenal reciever.
2 subs isn’t something that I thought would be as great as it is, and high mounting the front surrounds is just stunning.
The pass-through feature is clutch for when you want some quieter tv/gaming and don’t to fire up this furnace of an appliance.
Yes, open-box is cheaper, but a warranty is nice (no issues with my open-box one
2 years later, knock on wood)

One I bought on St Paddy’s this year was factory reconditioned w a 1 Year for $259.

Meh, I’m saving up for one of these: McIntosh Reference Home Theater System

I didn’t realize you could get one of those for $359…

1 Like

Will this make Cardi B sound better?

If by better you mean hearing the squishy sounds from her WAP video, then yes!

2 Likes

In for three!

The speaker grills look like cheese graters

1 Like

I just looked that song up.

good lord.

there may or may not be a god. but this race certainly is beyond redemption.

1 Like

I think you’ll find this will do the trick…

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Ultra-Soft-Foam-Earplugs/dp/B0051U7W32/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=earplugs&qid=1599844704&sr=8-5

1 Like

Open box price?:rofl:

Got my receiver, yay! But it came single-boxed with very inadequate cushioning, boo! And a nice dent on the rear left corner (where the heavy transformer lives) indicating a strong impact. The styrofoam inside was shattered, too. Obviously it’s going back. I find it hard to fathom how Woot thinks a heavy receiver in a single box with a few flimsy styrofoam pieces is going to make it across the country without damage. Even if it didn’t have a dent, the chance of it suffering some sort of internal damage is very high. So disappointed.