Yammer Time: Break on through to the other side

I don’t know why I stay up for it. I haven’t bought anything on a Woot-Off since the Barbie vacuum last year.

No fun when they’re announced ahead of time . . .

In-laws of a friend were having wood shake roof replaced with composition (hail damage). With shake, your roof is completely removed before they apply the plywood decking. Without any warning, the skys darkened and it started pouring. This was one of those days we got inches of rain in just a couple hours. There was no time to cover the roof. Multiple rooms damanged, ceiling collapsed in the garage (cars weren’t in it), walls, etc. Horrible.

I won’t be buying. Still recovering from the trip ($$).

I didnt’ buy anything last time. I hope they will have something I can tote home this time. Think they will do another bagola so soon after their BD one?

Mine leaked today too. Never that much and only in really bad storms, but we thought we had it fixed last winter

It wouldn’t surprise me. Friday afternoon, if they do it.

That sucks. I was thinking that. Lots of times this year the storms were like today, inches in a 1/2 hour or so.
My brother in law was itching to do a dormer. He hired someone for his, and really wanted to do one his way. So when we put up the second floor, he did ours.
He never did another one because of the worry of having a house with no roof and no real way to tarp it (until the frame is up) if it rains hard. You need to have a huge crew of guys to take the roof off, so it has to be planned around the weather. You need enough days to get the frame up and covered without a hard rain.
Thank goodness there was no fire in Brooklyn, the entire firehouse was here for a week! Don’t mess with those guys, they could pick up a garbage can I couldn’t even budge, hold it over their heads to dump it into the dumpster!
Only instructions I was given was…don’t give them beer! Food, soda OK, beer never!

I might not be home friday afternoon! Dentist in the am and son is thinking of trying the eye doctor in the afternoon…I have no idea why. There are nowhere near each other.

Hey Gman, want a picture?
If you do, what of?
I’ve got ocean, bay, flowers, assorted frogs and fish, a waterfall, train stuff from a restored train thing we went on…might be better for misfits, tracks to somewhere unknown.

A picture? For what?

G’night, folks.

For your new thread.

Night. See you.

No thanks; I got the boys . . .

One last thing:

“George Carlin’s New Rules For 2007”

New Rule: Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com! There’s a reason you don’t talk to people for 25 or 30 years. Because you don’t particularly like them! Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days-he’s mowing my lawn.

New Rule: Don’t eat anything that’s served to you out of a window unless you’re a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy’s chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain? Caviar?

New Rule: Stop saying that teenage boys who have sex with their hot, blonde teachers are permanently damaged. I have a better description for these kids: lucky little bastards.

New Rule: If you need to shave and you still collect baseball cards, you’re a dope. If you’re a kid, the cards are keepsakes of your idols. If you’re a grown man, they’re pictures of men.

New Rule: Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here’s how much men care about your eyebrows: do you have two of them? Okay, we’re done.

New Rule: There’s no such thing as flavored water. There’s a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt.
That’s your flavored water.

New Rule: Stop screwing with old people. Target is introducing a redesigned pill bottle that’s square, with a bigger label. And the top is now the bottom. And by the time grandpa figures out how to open it, his ass will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis.

New Rule: I’m not the cashier! By the time I look up from figuring which way to slide my card, entering my PIN number, finding and pressing “Enter,” verifying the amount, deciding, no, I don’t want cash back, and pressing “Enter” again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my candy bar.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn’t make you spiritual. It’s right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to “chicken with broccoli.” The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren’t pregnant. You’re not spiritual. You’re just high.

New Rule : Competitive eating isn’t a sport. It’s one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those celebrities playing poker was just too damned exciting. What’s next, competitive farting? Oh no wait! They’re already doing that. It’s called “The Howard Stern Show.”

New Rule: I don’t need a bigger mega M&Ms. If I’m extra hungry for M&Ms, I’ll go nuts and eat two.

New Rule: If you’re going to insist on making movies based on crappy, old television shows, then you have to give everyone in the Cineplex a remote so we can see what’s playing on the other screens. Let’s remember the reason something was a television show in the first place is that the idea wasn’t good enough to be a movie.

New Rule: No more gift registries. You know, it used to be just for weddings. Now it’s for babies and new homes, graduations and getting out of rehab. Picking out the stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn’t gift giving, it’s the white people’s version of looting.

New Rule: and this one is long overdue: No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can’t even tell if he’s supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don’t want to be on your web cam, dude. I just want to wash my hands.

New Rule: When I ask how old your toddler is, I don’t need to know in months. “27 Months.” “He’s two,” will do just fine. He’s not a cheese. And I didn’t really care in the first place.

New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God’s sake don’t pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying" Do you want fries with that?"

Aren’t new rules Dennis Millers? Or did he steal them from Carlin? It sort of reads like Miller.

New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God’s sake don’t pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying" do you want fries with that?"

So true… and do they think their flesh is going to stay that firm all of their life? What about the woman I saw on the plane who had “S A T A N” tattoed on the knuckles on her hand? I have no idea what job she holds, if any. I hope if she becomes saved, it reminds her of who she could’ve spent eternity with.

Oh, and what about all of these colored tattoos, nowadays. My neighbor got one on his leg, betw his knee and ankle. I’ve never seen such a vibrant green forever etched in skin.

OK, I’ll stop, now.

I have one son who has piles of tattoos. Never grew up. Gives me the creeps. I would dearly love to have stock in the company that eventually finds a painless, cheap way of removing tattoos. Like you said, when some of these people get old and these tattoos are sagging, it’s going to look ridiculous. Of course, there will be many that have them on their ass that you won’t be able to see because of the sag.

The best are the poorly done tattoos. Now you are stuck with a blob
Daughters favorite boyfriend has two that he will explain his whole life.
Well, if you are an artist, nobody will care
If you wear a suit and long sleeves nobody will notice.

Neither. Bill Maher. Still funny as hell though.

snopes

THey are really hard to do right. Its the flashing that is the problem. How to flash the rain around the big hole in the roof without some of it getting through.Usually its people putting them in who aren’t roofers, so they don’t get it right.Lots of times though, when you reroof, if they’re good at it, they can fix it because they can flash it properly underneath the roofing.