Year of the Place Mat

I’m going to wear this while watching the anime “Fruits Basket”. Someone is bound to catch such a thing >_>

I was so happy to see this for sale!!! I did have a dilemma about what size to buy though. Once I have this shirt, I will be eating at Chinese restaurants so often, that I considered getting a larger size.

Please note that theinfinityloop has a shirt for sale at Cameesa as well. Click on the green shirt in my signature to get a better look.

10 seconds is actually slow. Haven’t you seen the mysterious people who purchase in NEGATIVE time? Seriously - it’s happened many times before.

i’ll celebrate the year anniversary of buying infinity’s kiwi shirt by buying the placemat shirt. would like to continue the tradition of wearing my new shirt on my birthday, but i don’t think woot’s shipping will allow that to happen again

and i still love the snake choking/swallowing a whole pea

LOL
I dig that one too, but I kinda liked how calm the horse looked while grazing out of the bowl

process:

Hey! It’s midnight!

go to shirt.woot

hmm…shirt hasn’t changed yet…

click refresh

It’s iLoop’s shirt!!

instantly click I Want One and order quickly since all of my info is saved

:slight_smile:

thinks about Yuki and swoons <3

Yaaaaay! I loved this one! Congrats Infinityloop!

I think what makes this so good, to me at least, is that little ratty with a pea. My ratties looooooove peas <3.

Awesome shirt!

Congrats! Really solid design.

Some one should submit this as a possible new woot status thing. They have colored boxes for our purchases,and they have the nifty numbers for quality posts. Why not add a new box that indicates number of times that a person was the “first sucker?”

Yes! Thanks everyone! It’s great to know I’m not the only one who gets nostalgic over these place mats. I’m pretty sure I first learned how to use chopsticks over one of them. :slight_smile:

What a pleasant surprise! Speaking as a rabbit, this shirt is an accurate depiction of what I’d probably be doing in such a situation.

I’m Chinese and I have to say I never eat any authentic Chinese food in so call “Chinese restaurants” since I came to the US. And fried rice is not even close to a typical Chinese cuisine. It’s kinda sad that once talking about China, a country with 5k yrs history, you guys only automatically recall fake Chinese food…

Tee hee… Would I be a total geek if I wore this to eat sushi at a little hole in the wall place here in Dallas that serves Chinese food and sushi? (and their sushi is good).

My son lives on fried rice - gotta have the shirt.

While not in love with the sqaureness<-----is that a word? I love the illustration. Rice is yummy.

The condescension isn’t necessary. I don’t think any American honestly thinks what we get in most restaurants is genuinely Chinese. It’s colloquial, not sad commentary on anything.

However, it’s also recognizable, and this shirt wonderfully plays on that.

Reminds me of when I was a sloppy kid and I’d pretend the animals on the placemat could eat the dropped bits.

Nicely done + tomorrow, I’m leaning toward stir-fry.

What a wonderful, wonderful surprise! Seeing this, almost made up for Wayne Gretzky’s eyerolls tonight, and ranks secondary to seeing Romeo Dallaire. (Sorry, the opening ceremonies were in the motherland, and filled with my heroes, so I’m on a bit of a Canada high right now :slight_smile: )

Great job!!!

http://web8.twitpic.com/img/65374955-486616bccb47d46c8797aa4e6d34c6f5.4b7647dd-full.jpg

he’s probably just bummed he’s gonna miss this shirt!