YETI Hopper Flip Coolers

YETI Hopper Flip Coolers

Gotta love the description on the Mother Ship (Warehouse listing):
" A 100% dry duffel. But definitely not a cooler. Hydrolok zipper makes sure water stays out so your gear stays bone-dry, no matter how torrential it gets"

Even if it was a cooler, itā€™s still pricey, even at this damn good price.

(reference here: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B075TJ4BXL/ref=twister_B07BJ7Q34C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

1 Like

Who will fire the first shot at the Yeti brand?

2 Likes

The price is good for what it is, there arenā€™t many competitors that can compete with the quality of build. These are just a damn ugly color and still at the prices unless you really are outdoorsy, you wonā€™t get the benefits of the product.

Yeti is so expensive. That price should include a [Mod Edit: Nope] to carry it around for me.

I own both Rtic and Yeti. Buy Rtic coolers, which are better and cheaper.

I regret owning Yeti, who have since opted to use their already-overpriced brand to make political statements.

1 Like

Have they dropped the price yet!

Iā€™d be curious in your experience what makes the RTIC better than the Yeti other than the price ? Iā€™ve seen reviews on both and comparisons pretty much always point to the Yeti quality of build being a tad better but in terms of price the RTIC is significantly cheaper.

1 Like

nope. never yeti.

1 Like

I know people hate on Yeti a lot considering their high price, howeverā€¦ I have bought a LOT of cheaper coolers in my lifetime for boating, camping, anything outdoorsy. I thought it was crazy to spend this type of money for a cooler initially, but there I was spending 1/4 - 1/2 of this amount on a new one AGAIN. I finally had some extra cash and decided I would get one. They are nothing short of excellent in my opinion. I have only strayed once from the brand since then, and I was a little sorry. I felt like I still spent half as much as this on another brand that only lasted me a couple years vs potentially longer with the Yeti. Now Iā€™m too scared to try some of many others. I donā€™t doubt they work fine, but Iā€™m a big believer on the longevity of Yeti.

I have stood on them, I have tossed them around, I have used them as sawhorses, I have used them as storage containers, I have used them as bookbags, I have treated them MUCH worse than I should have for an expensive cooler, but I have yet to have one break, snag, tear, or otherwise fail (other than cosmetics). The zippers still zip and lids still seal. I still have my first one from many years ago that works fine. Maybe Iā€™m not as hard on them as I think, but around a salt-air environment, Iā€™ll just consider the extra price as a ā€˜beach taxā€™ for something Iā€™ve had a great experience with. As always though, YMMV.

4 Likes

replying
ā€¦

Wow, sign me up for 4 big onesā€”I wonā€™t have to pay my mortgage this month if I can keep 20 cans cold for 2 days!!! Seriously??? Holy crap, what a stupid way to spend moneyā€¦

1 Like

Personally Iā€™ve used YETI and RTIC, and I find no difference in build quality, but a VERY large difference in price. Yeti just isnā€™t worth it, and never has beenā€¦we just didnā€™t have options before. Now we do, which makes their price all the more ridiculous.

BANG!

1 Like

Wish they included a pair of vice-grips to grab that zipper. Who in the world thought that was a good idea to have a zipper. Man I hate this thing. Iā€™m only glad I didnā€™t buy a Yeti. It was a gift

I think this is the one design that Yeti lifted from RTIC. Rtic brought this style out when yeti came out with the original ā€œhopperā€ which was a tote bag with a ridiculous zipper top that was like putting your arm into a sharks mouth.
Iā€™ve owned the RTIC version of this cooler for years and itā€™s still like new, use it every week to haul perishables to my boat. Even in salt envrionment the zipper slides easilyā€¦cannot see (ever) paying twice as much for a ā€œyetiā€ label.

Goes great with your MyPillow

2 Likes

Hilariousā€¦

Name brands are cool, but if youā€™re on a budget, I just purchased (Amazon.com) Titan cooler that fits all my ice/cooler needs for less than 1/3 the costā€¦Yetiā€™s are great, Iā€™m sure.
#GoWoot

So. Much Money. Even if you have it, ā€¦ just, ā€¦ why?!

My last cooler purchase was at a yard sale. ā€œColeman Personal 8ā€. Like brand new. $3. Good enough to transport a kidney ā€“ and the right color, too. Hey, wait ā€¦

I drink my beer warm.