You Only Live x 1

ok for the record this wasn’t meant to be a reference to YOLO (but I knew comparisons would be inescapable)

it’s just a concept I had…as you were! :slight_smile:

Yolo has even invaded my precious shirt.woot?

I hate you guys.

I like the shirt a bit better now.
YOLUntil the plumber runs out of lives?

Is this a joke, I have seriously lost all respect for you shirtwoot! very disappointing.

FALSE!!! in this game, “x 1” means you have 2 tries left, “x 0” means you have one try left. Besides, YOLO is lame!!

In the words of the great Jack Black, “I’m fairly certain YOLO is just Carpe Diem for stupid people.”

All your confusion are belong to me.

Every other post in this thread called…they want their complaint back.

The x1 thing actually makes sense if you ask me. In game, this would mean you have one additional life along with the one you are currently using…but this is not in game. The dude jumping on turtles and traveling though pipes is not represented on this shirt…just the “extra” single life all by itself. The x1 symbol represents ONE life…you only live ONCE. “You only live x0” would mean you only live zero times. That would make no sense, and I guarantee you’d get thrice as many confused questions about a zero from normal people than you would about the one from the retro nerd populace.

Yes…I said thrice. I never get to use that word and it just felt right.

But be happy it is. It’s going to sell you twice as many shirts.

Good work.

THANK you. My word. If I read that complaint one more time I was going to have to hurt someone.

I think this is a great idea, and the joke makes perfect sense to me. Clever idea! |-D

I am not opposed to the phrase ‘You Only Live Once’ but I hate all the people who like to say the word YOLO, they are usually a step below a big bag of fecal matter.

Never mind that YOLO is grammatically incorrect.

http://x-ology.tumblr.com/post/19573280382/you-know-what-is-the-most-irritating-thing-for

I like Jack Black’s comment, “I’m fairly certain YOLO is just Carpe Diem for stupid people.”

I’m holding out for the shirt with Yoda and the abbreviation, OOYL.

Okay, I’m going to throw another possible solution out there, please don’t all jump down my throat at once. Suppose just for a second, that the x1 (which as many of you point out actually means you’ve got one extra life) indicates that the shirt actually states “You Only Live Twice”. Then, we can all agree that the shirt makes good sense and it’s still a witty little pun and we can all sleep soundly without ripping artist’s heads off.

You only live twice:
Once when you are born
And once when you look death in the face
—Ian Fleming, You Only Live Twice, Chapter 11

If I wanted to parallel this design in real life, means I have to buy red pants, and thus wear them… and that ain’t happening.

I actually like that idea and think it would have been clever, but the title seems to indicate that isn’t what the artist had in mind. That said, I don’t feel like getting a random looking dude on my shirt. I would rather Woot had put Mario or something like that. My friends are elitist enough to make fun of a Mario-wannabe.

I mean they did a stylized version of Link breaking the Master Sword by mistake, why not put Mario?

Anybody who’s ever played a video game knows this means you have two lives.

You mean thrice as many shirts.

YOLx1