Your Choice Mountain House Food 6-Packs

So keeno on beefarino!
[youtube=ugazcvzOM0Q][/youtube]

What do you think the Chicken is really?

I buy a lot of mountain house food products for backpacking have found very few that I don’t like. Unfortunately, while this is a good deal, it isn’t very useful to me in this type of packaging.

Bulk purchases are economical. I’ve saved enough for my retirement by stocking up on Costco’s 55 gal drums of mayo and mustard.

I think they could sell these to churches as “Covered Dish Supper In A Can.”

Better than Old Miss Edna’s tuna bake that poisoned people last time.

Awkward.

Thank you for finding this.

I used to work with this dopey guy that thought the world was going to come to an end for Y2K, so he went out and bought a ton of canned food.
The next work day he told me that he was going to return it all.
I said, why don’t you just leave it in the pantry and eat it.
He said - “dude, I don’t want to eat all that gross stuff, beans and spam and canned peaches”
I’m like, why the hell did you buy a bunch of stuff that you hate??

What about opening a can and dividing the contents among several vacuum seal storage bags? Would this “packaging” solve the backpacker and storage dilemma?

Looks like a can of Chicken Alfredo coffee. The best part of waking up, is Chicken Alfredo in your cup.

How big are these cans? Are they like a big coffee can, or are they small enough to put inside your backpack? These would be ideal for backpacking unless the cans are too big.

Wrong. We have taste buds.

The houses that were flooded are also being flooded with casseroles from their friends who were more fortunate, so not needed. Besides,many of the homes in Houston that were flooded are in an area where people keep kosher, so the ham and chicken alfredo are no go.

So when is woot going to sell an extra basement so I have room to store the things I buy? Maybe I can build it out of Mountain house cans and bags.

The Chicken Alfredo’s “rich, cream garlic and parmesan sauce” sounds as if it would be more effective against vampires than in the Zombie Apocalypse.
Also the candle is a nice romantic touch.

Walmart offers the Mountain House 72-Hour Just In Case Kit for $36.67. (Amazon charges the same.) Opt for in-store pickup to avoid the $4.97 shipping charge. That’s the lowest total price we could find now by $14. This kit includes a 3-day supply of food for one person. It includes granola with milk and blueberries, scrambled eggs with bacon, beef stroganoff with noodles, chicken teriyaki with rice, rice and chicken, and pasta primavera. It has a 12-year shelf life.

it is either this or 250 bullets for my AR. Both would work in the Zombie world))

In for 2 cases of alfreado and 1 case of ham…Heaven help me…

Psshh if you really wanted to save you’d just make your own mayo. Every time I toss some oil and an egg into my cheap little $15 mini food processor, I am amazed at how much mayo it makes as it fluffs up and emulsifies. add a little fresh whey (if you can get it) and the mayo tastes awesome and lasts a long time.

Valid point, but Spam won’t keep at certain low temperatures. this stuff will. It is designed for long shelf life without special storage conditions.

Really?

Clean vacuum sealed bags would not hurt the shelf life