Your Choice of Boston Acoustics Soundbar

I don’t know why everyone has so many problems with the Tvee25, I have two and both run perfectly for over a year, not much wifi interference either though it does happen sometimes. I love these things. That being said, its a different model offered here and hops channel frequencies, so I wonder if that helps wifi signal.

If you want a simple sound bar, that sounds amazing, I would go with a Bose Solo. It sounds amazing, I have tried a few sound bars prior to my Bose Solo purchase, and all were disappointing… to include Sharp and Panasonic. I know Bose can be pricey, but the sound is amazing and the customer service is top notch. My girlfirend accidently plugged in my bose sound dock 10 into 220V plug. Bose fixed it and had it back to me in less than 2 weeks, only had to pay for shipping to them, they paid for expedited shipping back. I got my Solo on sale for $269.

Here are some links to positive reviews on the Boston Soundbars

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/small-space-big-sound-the-boston-acoustic-tvee-10-sound-bar-tech-test-lab-review-184664

If you have an android smartphone this free app is useful for wi-fi channel analysis.

I bought one of the wireless subwoofer ones last time they were on woot.
Out of everything I’ve gotten from woot, this is my one and only complaint item.

• overheats when gain on subwoofer is set to past 50%
  • one speaker on the bar started dying after just a week, so I have only one channel plugged in now.

To those with the wifi-issue, I can’t tell you how many hours I played with this, and you will not find a 100% solution between futzing with the channels on the bar vs. wireless channels. This is because they both operate on the same 2.6ghz channel.
I stream movies to my xbox, and this instantly started my movies to clip and go into buffer-mode.

The final solution? I plunked down $150 and bought a new dual-band wireless router, now streaming movies over the 5ghz channel.

If you’re in the market for a soundbar, I suggest you pass on this one.

I know its a long shot, but is the “BASS GREAT!” “LESS WOOFING!” “BASS GREAT!” “LESS WOOFING!” “BASS GREAT!” “LESS WOOFING!” a dig at the lyrics from the new Daft Punk single Get Lucky?

Bass Great!

Lesh Philling!
(Deadhead’s will understand!)

I was actually shopping for a Soundbar today, got totally frustrated with the across the board Soundbar issues that are out there, and figured, why not check Woot? First time back in a few months and I’m glad I read the Wooters opinions here. I’ve got a set of computer speakers set up to the TV now (as someone else here has as well) but the output isn’t very high output despite being 80W (Boston Acoustics MM220). I can’t see trading them in for something that has so many negative issues. Anyway, thank you for saving me ~$120, friends.

Best Buy offers the Coby 2.1-Channel Soundbar System, model no. CSMP95, for $59.99 with free shipping. That’s tied with our mention from ten days ago as the lowest total price we’ve seen. (It’s a current price low by $50.) The soundbar features 80 watts of power, remote control, and more. It also includes a wireless subwoo

Im just sayin…

Most people that have bad experiences with a product will post a comment on them. Not because they want to warn or help others out of a “seemingly” unworthy purchase, but because they feel that if they can criticize the product they bought, it will somehow satisfy their need for revenge on their bad experience.

Those that have a good experience with a purchase won’t go out of their way to advocate a product that just does what they were hoping it would do…WORK.

All that said, if you want a clear idea of what a product is going to be like and how reliable it will be, see a review from an expert on the device.

I needed a sound bar and took a flyer on this (TVee 26) after seeing it going for over $300 most places. It arrived today and I hooked it up.

A very anticlimactic experience as the sound bar won’t even power on. The sub cycles red on the LED like it is searching for the bar. The bar just sits there doing nothing. Doesn’t matter if you hit power on the remote or the bar… zilch.

I really wish I would have read the comments on this before I ordered.

EDIT: Also Boston Acoustics support is only open M-F 8a-5p EST. Lovely.

Sorry for the late reply and to hear that you’re experiencing issue with your purchase.

If you encounter any issues with Boston Acoustics, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They’ll be more than happy to assist you with your order.

Thanks Rogetray. As a follow up, Boston Acoustics has been helpful so far. They sent me a label to ship the soundbar back to them. They said they would cross ship the new one to me as soon as they saw the old one show as shipped in Fedex’s system. I’ll try to remember to update again once I receive the new soundbar.

Anyone know why the sound bar quits outputting audio all of the sudden. I just got back from vacation and hooked it up last night. After about 60 mins of low audio TV (I was watching wife asleep) the sound cut off. I press INPUT twice and it came back. 20 minutes later sound cut off again. Hit input twice, sound came back. Fell asleep, sound was off when I woke up. Hit input twice, sound came back.

Have I set something wrong, or do I have a dud?

It does turn off automatically if there’s no audio source but it shouldn’t turn off in the middle of something.

You might contact Boston Acoustics to see if they can walk you through some fix.

It’s official, I got a dud. Oh well, going back to woot for a full refund.

__IT happens, Woot is always gracious when this happens!

WOOT WOOT

I Called BA and asked them to fix this split/crack sound and they acted unfriendly at all. It’s a worse company to dealt with.
I won’t buy its product again!
They are ruining their brand by selling these defected refurbished goods.