Your Choice of VIZIO LED Smart TV

Man, smart tvs have come down in price so much. I wish I had waited and got one.

My advice would be to buy a TV with the highest native refresh rate that you can afford. Many people, myself included, find the motion smoothing effects to be artificial looking and annoying.

There is a lot of pressure on manufacturers to do two things. One, lower prices. Two, promote a higher refresh rate. It’s more expensive to build a TV with a higher native rate…so you see a lot of creative marketing or truth stretching these days regarding refresh rates. Be careful.

Vizio’s current year M series TVs just went up for sale recently. I recommend you check them out before buying a used/refurbished tv. The TVs are full array and priced really competitively.

The problem is not with the TV it’s with the lower power of the new digital transmitted signal. How far are you from the transmitter? Are you in a valley? Lots of trees? All of these can cause a problem…

FYI, when I look up this model (39") on Amazon.com I see the following disclaimer:

Product Alert: The Amazon Instant Video application is currently unavailable on this device. We are working to provide a new version of the application to users of the device. The new version will be available on the device through a future firmware update.

CORRECTION: IT WAS THE 29 INCH MODEL THAT I PURCHASED… BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE! I bought the 29" here on Woot. It worked great for a little while. Not now! Shorty after the 90 day period, it started to have problems. It would not turn on with the remote. I had to start unplugging the unit. Then I could turn it on, after the unit reset. Now it no longer works at all! JUNK! It had a great picture when it worked. I really liked it! But since it no longer works, I don’t like it at all! You may consider buying the extended insurance for these. Had I done so, I could have replaced or repaired my broken TV! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!

Does anyone know if this is 3D capable? I mean, will I be able to watch my Pixar 3D–I mean, will my kids be able to watch their Pixar 3D movies with the 70", specifically?
:confused:

The 70" is not 3D capable. Manufacturers usually call that out if it is.

My first big TV was a 36" Vizio back in 2006ish that I bought as a refurb through Geeks.com that was absolutely perfect until it got dropped during a move in 2009.

My grandma has a 32" refurbed Vizio from 2009 that’s usually on all day and half the night even if she isn’t watching it, and it’s still just like new and perfect.

The time before last that Woot had Vizio refurbs up I grabbed the 24" Smart TV refurb for her for the bedroom and that’s absolutely flawless, and I’m considering the 39" for my bedroom this time.

I really like Vizio.

whats the consensus on this? my grandma needs a new 32 in badly. i did a quick amazon search, and $200 seems like a good deal, even for refurb.

A quick warning, I bought the same 42" here on 4/17, for $20 cheaper mind you, and within a week after I got it, it started having problems. would restart itself a few times a day, and sometimes would emit a high pitched noise over the audio requiring a restart. The picture was great, the apps worked great, but there were issues. I’m in the process of returning it to Woot now, who are being very cool about it (I wanted a replacement but obviously they wouldn’t have extras, but looks like you do now if you want to send me a replacement! Just sayin! :slight_smile: )

make sure these dont come with the crappy substitute remote instead of the origanal.

just got mine with crap substitue remote and no back light.

come on its a smart tV and vizio throws in these crap substitute remotes with out any forward thinking and claiming substitute remote included

going to see what customer service say. im pretty sure this is out of there hands …But at least it could have been disclaimed and we could have boughten the same tvs from amazon

[hr]** Price Reduction on the 65"**[hr]

Oh hey, the buyer is feeling the pull of hump day and has lowered the price on the 65" to $999.99. Not gonna beat that price.

Do us a favor and buy one so we can coax him out of the bathroom stall. The whimpering is disturbing other employees.

Small print: If you already bought it, that money will FLY back to you soonish.

what ever happened to woot offs ending with a bag of crap?

The 65" seems to have a significantly different color ratio than the sizes above and below it. Anyone see this as a potential issue?

FWIW, I bought a refurb 37" Vizio back around 2008 and it still works great. I’m not afraid of refurbs :slight_smile:

I think this is more of a problem with Amazon that VIZIO…My brother has a Samsung that also is missing Amazon…However, this is easily remedied. You can get the cheapest ROKU box for about $30 (on sale) and add Amazon and a lot more. Personally, I receive Amazon videos on my tablet and send it to the TV via a HDMI cable…Easy Peasy.

I bought a 32" from Woot when these were on sale in April. It’s currently sitting on the floor after the screen started to flicker. The 39" 1080p model I bought at Target to replace it is great.

I’ve actually been shopping for a new smart TV, and was ready to pull the trigger here, but I can’t find confirmation anywhere of which, if any, of these models are NATIVE 120 hz, which is a must for me.

Amazon Instant Video does NOT work on these TV’s (any size). It has been a known issue for over a year. Vizio blames Amazon and Amazon blames Vizio. This is a problem for any of the Vizio smart TV’s built after February 2013 and continues today!