Your Choice:Philips Blu-ray Player w/App

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/2ba64be8-60a4-4410-b9a8-d5a0f9bd0c97.jpg

Your Choice:Philips Blu-ray Player w/App
Price: $29.99 - 39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, May 16 to Wednesday, May 21) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://tech.woot.com/offers/your-choicephilips-blu-ray-player-w-app) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Your Choice:Philips Blu-ray Player w/App) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Your - Google Shopping Choice:Philips Blu-ray Player w/App)

Time to check out the product page for the BDP2105/F7B and the BDP2185/F7

and check out some good reviews on the BDP2105/F7B over at bestbuy.com and even better reviews on the BDP2185/F7 over at bestbuy.com

$30-$40 for an entire standalone blu-ray player, hardware and all. $100 for PowerDVD software to play blu-rays on the blu-ray drive I already have in my computer.

What’s wrong with this picture? :frowning:

In for one of the 3D model.

There’s new firmware dated 4/2/14 on the support page:

Are third-party warranties available for this?

Why do I need one???

It’s blue(so sad). It’s a ray (of hope). I need one(more than a hole in my head). 4k is still too expensive. 8k won’t even make it to the stores until 2025 or so.

Like robots? Robots-and-androids.com

Do not ever buy anything Philips if you would like support. I called about a broken bluetooth alarm clock. They offered to send me a new one back in august of last year. I’ve tried to contact them several times with no success. Anytime I do reach someone its in a different country and say they’ll forward my info to the american team. Awful awful awful support!

I bought two of these the last time they were out. After getting both on the network and setting them up. Neither one of them will connect back up to the network. And one of them won’t play all of my Blu-ray disks. I would steer clear of these. Not my best decision here.

I’d say from my experience of other players from different manufacturers that bluray players are disposable electronics today at the price. Manufacturers are not providing support or updates for very long and for some ridiculous reason, bluray discs keep changing formats so your player cannot always play the latest format. If your’re buying a bluray today, you’re buying nothing more than the product update support for maybe a year. Then you have to buy a new one. This is an older unit and the reviews on Amazon are less than average. Steer clear.

Not through SquareTrade as the cost is under $50. Sorry. :frowning:

Checked the amazon reviews on the non-3d model. Not good. Not good at all.

amazon

Reposting my less-than-glowing review from the last time I saw this on sale:

Bought the 2d player on a previous woot. Regret it.

CONS: This thing sucks. It’s slow, its remote and interface are unresponsive, you have to hit buttons repeatedly and/or hold them down for a long time and wonder if they worked or not. The power light doesn’t shut off, it sloooooowly fades out, so you second guess if it’s actually shutting off, and then you hit the power button again because you think it didn’t work but then you’ve actually turned it on again… The WiFi is terrible, it buffers and stutters on my 50 megabit connection with excellent signal strength. I often have to re-configure the wi-fi as it will randomly forget my network. Overall, I hate this thing and I wish someone would break into my house and steal it.

PROS: I guess it technically plays Blu-Rays.

I bought the non-3D model on a previous Woot as well. It worked for about a month as was supposed to. Then Netflix and the other apps just stopped working. I let Netflix load for about 30 mins one day and came back to the same screen. Firmware update didn’t help one bit. It does still play BluRay, but I purchased it with Netflix in mind. I would steer clear.

If you’re looking for a BluRay, I’d by a more expensive unit with better reviews.

If looking for apps, I would go with Roku, FireTV etc.

Thanks for the feedback, tj.

I bought the 3D version back in September of last year:

http://www.woot.com/offers/philips-3d-blu-ray-player-with-apps-wi-fi

Unlike other reviewers here, I have not really had any problems. I was able to network mine with my hidden WPA2 WiFi no problem. I’ve updated it at least twice since getting it. I don’t use the netflix app, and I rarely use the Vudu and Youtube apps, but they have always worked for me. There is also a Picasa app, and it likewise works fine, but again, I have only used it a few times.

I do use this player almost daily for playing Blu-ray and DVD movies. It works fine with commercially-manufactured releases as well as DVDs and Blu-ray discs I have burned at home. You can also play media off USB storage, which works okay.

My complaints with this player are the following:

• the player is very lightweight, and the buttons on the front are fairly stiff. if you attempt to actuate any of the buttons on the front panel without first securing the unit, you will move the player rather than pressing the button.
  • there is no dedicated eject button on the remote control. Instead, you have to hold the stop button.
  • the player is slower than some other Blu-ray players when loading a Blu-ray disc.
  • it has no built-in storage, so if you want to use some advanced Blu-ray features, you need to add your own (semi-permanent) storage via USB. Since the player only has a single USB port, on the front, you will likely want to get the smallest USB flash drive you can find, so it doesn’t stick out too far.

None of these is a deal-breaker for me, and considering the price, I’m still okay with this purchase. as long as I get at least two-years out of it, I’ll be happy.

I have this unit (the non 3D one) and it plays Blu-rays fine, I rented a few from RedBox and it worked. That’s not really what I use this box for.

The streaming works great, and the USB plays every format I’ve thrown at it, from DivX, MP4, MKV, whatever.

It seems fine for Blu-rays, but for all the other stuff it does for me, I find it exceptional.

Thank-you for the owner reviews…There is almost nothing more frustrating than a slow disc player because there is just no reason for it… when you hit open it should open right away … it should not take long minutes to ‘boot’ your blu-ray when you power it on …Soo FRUSTRATING! … In my experience all Magnavox & LG and most Samsung’s have this issue…I’ll add Philips to the list now…

Hottest running bluray dvd player ive ever owned. BTW, bought 2 of them a couple months ago, and both are now in the trash. crashes constantly, and so much heat. guess its a cheap space heater anyway, maybe they should sell them for that purpose. BEWARE

Can the 3D model also play 2D? I don’t have a 3D TV set