Your Home, Your Theater, Your Glory

Anybody buy the Peavey speakers last time?

I have the same complaint with the provided specs this time as last:

20hz-20khz is meaningless unless they specify how many db down at what frequency. Every speaker is 20hz to 20khz. The issue is how flat is the response, and how low (in terms of frequency) does it make usable volume.

They look like ripoffs of the Audioengine speakers, but include built in airplay-- as such, could be cool, but worthless if the sound stinks.

The specs on the Audioengines are Freq. response 65Hz-22kHz ±2.0dB Now see how that means something?

These are listed as ±3dB. Not sure what your complaint is. I question the ability of a 5 1/4 in. woofer to play down to 55 Hz. Accurate specs is a whole other problem with audio gear these days. I can say one thing. This is allot of bookshelf technology for $100 a pair.Mine get delivered Monday

I got my Sony STR-DH550 Receiver in the mail today (from the last time it was wooted, a week or so ago)
and wow it sounds nice.

I bought it for my living room, but connected it to the bedroom ceiling speakers to test it (had been using a Sony STR-DH130 Receiver)
and the richness and clarity of sound was noticeable & obvious.

I never thought the old receiver sounded bad, but am surprised a receiver swap could make such a big difference in sound quality at normal listening levels.