Yukon Elf-1 Generation 1 Night Vision Monocular

I thought if you used Generation 1 night vision during the daytime you could see through peoples’ clothes. I know some night vision is capable of doing it. For the price thats definitely worth it.

i dont know anything about it but they still want 200 bucks for cheap gen 1 stuff like this

Yukon is a territory not a province. That make Whitehorse a territorial capital. Fire your researchers!

If that’s the case, I could deal with Gen1. Thanks for the post FarGate!

First night vision purchase, in for one.

I build NVG’s in my job. These are crap.

The reason why there’s only one eye, is because you completely lose your depth perception with two lenses, and these aren’t meant for anything too professional anyways.

Those were destroyed if you turned them on in a bright room.

Thanks WOOT for an outstanding product description. You rock.

Thanks for the excellent link, FarGate! :slight_smile:

Meh, looks like a pretty cool toy. Not a bad price for a first night vis peeper. I’ve always wanted one of these but wasn’t sure if I would use it enough to justify a few hundred $$ . I’m in for one, if I really wind up using it a lot I will spend the money for a better one…if not, I’ll feel better that I only spent 85 bucks…besides, I’m sure my kid will find a use for it if I don’t.

NewYorkCityBoy wrote:Seriously, I have a pair of eyes. Can someone explain why would they only make one eye night vision binoculars? Even monkey see monkey do use both eyes. Duh!

It really does make sense. If you have one eye covered with Night Vision, and keep both eyes open, you won’t lose your depth perception if you are walking with one of these on. If you have ever used Night Vision Goggles that cover both eyes, you would know that it is hard to walk around with those things on as you are seeing as if your eyes were where the lenses are. This really can throw of your hand eye coordnation.

You don’t walk around with this one strapped to your head.
Do you think all telescopes and microscopes should be dual vision as well?