Yukon Outfitters 58-Piece Survival Kit

You never know what will happen. Even simple yard work, or hanging a mirror can go horribly wrong, and leave you with bad arterial bleeding. A proper wrap and some quikclot might be the difference between bleeding out on your bathroom floor waiting for an ambulance, or living to laugh about how stupid the injury was.

Does anyone think this is overkill to put in the back of a SUV for emergencies while traveling?

I bought this awhile back - I think as a base B.O.B it’s great! It lets you customize it for your situation or use.
I use it in my car as a winter kit, I added a blanket, gloves, hat, salt and a better flashlight as well as a little shovel. The bag opens all the way around which helps a lot so you don’t have to dig around the bag so much. BONUS - when camping, if I forget something, it’s usually in my BOB.

My only gripe is the knife that came with it broke when checking out the bag, which is okay I had an extra multi-tool on hand.

If you want a great entry B.O.B or have no idea where to start this is a great way to go!

hammock and that terrible blanket is fine for spring and summer, you will be cold under 50 degrees.

no water purification? at least add some tablets. better yet a sawyer filter with a carbon filter inline.

first aid insufficient. more gauss and a proper tourniquet.

add a bic lighter and some cotton balls soaked with vasaline, and a couple small candles.

add a couple pair of socks and a bandana.

add a couple mainstay bars for food, or just some protein bars and granola bars. just make sure you rotate it before it goes bad.

the bag is large. its a standard bag sold in many places. i got it from la police gear for 30 bucks. i had about 30 pounds in it sitting on the floor, i grabbed it by a shoulder strap to snatch it up, the body seam popped, so be careful with the bag.

Most any pre-made emergency kit is overkill, as the average person won’t have a clue how to use half the stuff, and a trained person wouldn’t WANT to use the low quality stuff.

I grew up in Hawaii and now I live on the mainland. I swear there’s money to be had shipping things to Hawaii. I should open my own business doing it! I run into this issue every Christmas sending stuff to family at home and I feel your pain.

There’s the USPS people! Same cost whether you are shipping to Hawaii or next door.

Once again, PLEASE FIX THE NY ZIP CODES!!! I can’t buy this because it has one small knife in it? The knife restriction is for NYC, that’s probably less than 5% of the zip codes you are restricting.

Got mine yesterday and I want to share a quick review on the backpack.

Overall, this is a solid backpack and I’m happy with it. I like that the main compartment can be open flat (as opposed to half way), which makes it easy to pack. It also has a lot of pockets, which is great. The water pack pocket is actually big enough to fit a lightweight laptop (e.g. Macbook Air 13") with a laptop sleeve/lightweight laptop bag and has enough padding to wear comfortably.

However, I’m not a big fan of is on some of the material used. It has a mixture of good and bad material. For example, the zippers are very good and they are the thick heavy duty type zippers. However, some of the internal vinyl lining and especially the external straps are not so much. The straps, specifically, are the thinner type that I worry it’d bend/fold easily after some extensive use. I really wish YO would use something sturdier and comparable to Patagonia or Timbuk2 since the retail price is in the same ballpark as those brands. For this particular bundles, however, it’s not a bad deal at all, considering the backpack is probably about $40-50 of the bundle.

Last, it definitely has a slight chemical smell and it feels that something is sticked to your hands when I first touched it. I’m sure it’ll wear off. Sure, I’ve experienced this before, but I expected something a little better for a retail price of $80.

My 2 cents.

I was excited to order one of these packs, in storm grey, for my son to use on his Boy Scout adventures. After my order was “preparing for shipment” for nearly three weeks, I broke down and sent an email to Woot. Same day, I get a refund notice from Woot. They responded to my message, stating they oversold the product and had to cancel my order.

Shouldn’t Woot know how many items of a given product they have in their supply? You must have crappy inventory control systems in place if you are over-selling products. Why did the site even let me order the Storm Grey kit if you had already sold more than you had in inventory?

I’m very sorry for the poor experience. We do our best to manage inventory but it look like we messed up on this one. :frowning: