Yukon Outfitters Bug-Out and Range Bags

Zombies coming?

UNLESS you took the $10.00 “hush money” from WOOT, just return the wrong colored unit and reorder again. Hopefully you can get what you paid for the second time.

NICE!

Got the Bug-Out Bag last year. Used it as an emergency kit for my wife’s car. Loved it until the top handle ripped off from my just lifting it’s maybe 20 lb load out of the suv.

Long story short - when they say they don’t cover for sun or uv damage in the warranty, they mean it eats through the bag pretty quickly.

I own both of these from previous woots and love them. I use the range bag as a gig bag to carry a bunch of musical gear and the bug-out-bag as a duffle for travel.

While the duffel does have straps and could be turned into a backpack if needed I don’t think the layout is optimized for that. A better bet would be to get one of Yukon’s Alpha backpacks (yes, I own 2) and use that for a true quick-carry BOB.

Yukon also makes a larger backpack (yes I own that one too) that comes with an internal frame and lower belt if you think you’ll need more room.

Finally, these come up all the time on woot! for whatever reason but they are a quality bag for a better than average price. I’m not an enthusiast or prepper but it is nice having a dedicated pack to throw in your car on trips that has everything you hope you’ll never need.

Have you looked around?..I’d say they’re already here!

Does anyone known how compact the Bug Out Bag is when folded? Is this something that I could put in my carry on in case more storage is needed on extended trips?

That’s really good to know, I live in super sunny AZ. Thanks!

As far as bug out bags go, one thing you need to remember, there are bags to keep in the car as a “shelter in place” bag and those you want to grab and go. Though todays bags are great to keep in your car, office or home closet, you have to think about weather, season and how much gear you need to carry. Pack one of todays bags down with enough supplies to hold you for 3 days and your talking something you don’t want to carry like a suitcase for 5 miles or more. I got the Summit Duffle and realized after I started putting gear in it that it was just too thin and not heavy enough for what I would consider overland travel (hoofing it). I got the http://electronics.woot.com/offers/waterproof-duffle-bag-80l-3 bag for that and it’s really heavy duty. I got the Lowcountry all weather duffel from Yukon http://sport.woot.com/offers/lowcountry-all-weather-duffel-2 that I keep my weekend camping gear in. It’s a great bag that has a very firm bottom, easy to grab end handles. And when your setting up a tent in a rain storm and it’s sitting out on the ground, your gear is going to stay dry. As long as you don’t dump your canoe, it would work great there too. The bag I keep in my car is the big horn all weather duffel. Tough not as good looking as the before mention bag, it’s great for there as it can be converted into a backpack and carried with easy. http://sport.woot.com/offers/bighorn-all-weather-duffel-1. I like all my bags except for the summit duffle. It’s just not as heavy duty as the other brand but it has a purpose. I have my 2 military ECWS sleeping bags complete with gortex covers, etc, stowed inside w/sleeping pads (self inflating). So, if it’s time to hit the road, they are easy to grab, are protected from heavy rain (doubt they would survive complete submersion) but it’s the most expensive bag I got off woot (and from Yukon).

I count (from memory, so…) three external pockets, one with dividers, and two internal (in addition to the main storage space). I’ve never had any trouble finding a place to stash things in my bag, esp. with a little MOLLE work on the side.

Why don’t you just buy a real bug out bag then?

do these bags have wheels so you can pull this bag?

It does not have wheels. It has backpack type straps that can be hidden away or used. My son loved using his as a backpack while the rest of the boys were carrying their carry on bags by hand.

Yukon bags made in China.

works for me. its is the best ‘suitcase’ I have. I bought it here sometimes in past year. all the space is usable, unlike a wheeled suitcase. most airlines go for 22 inches, this is 26 inches, but it is soft, squishable, so it fits even better. I’ve carried it on multiple times.

no, it will take up too much space in your carryone. dont buy it for that use.

This bag easily fits into those go-no-go frames for 3 different European airlines I’ve flown. (Iceland Air, Lufthansa, Emirates) I have found that, although the bag dimension is 26", it will easily squash into a 25", or less, frame.

No wheels! Great bag.

I use this one for my primary get and go. Heavy loaded out but it has lots of ways to stow gear.
http://www.amazon.com/Sandpiper-California-Bugout-Backpack-26x15-5x10-5-Inch/dp/B003MYBSZC

Got mine at the local military exchange for less then 50 bucks. Ended up with a smaller one that my high schooler has yet to destroy (he went through 2 swiss gear bags in one year) These have no frame so you have to load them out just right or it will destroy your back and shoulders.

To big for a carry on but it’s got wheels :wink: