Yukon Outfitters Bugout Bags

Are there going to be anymore of the backpacking bags with the scabbard built into the pack?

What is this book of cheats you guys are talking about? Was there a bag give away or something?

This will help

http://sport.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5969272&pageindex=2&replycount=83#post5969836

edit: just noticed your kinda new here… there is a special mystery box that Woot sometimes has. It’s very rare - and sometimes worth it… Its called the “B a g of Crap” (woot filters changes the words to BOC ) search for it on google to see what I mean.

Hope that helps!

In the military we just folded and used OD green tape on the straps. NO burning needed and the tape can be replaced but can last through a deployment or several trips.

Can those dividers be removed?

Has anyone used this bag for camera equipment?

Or any opinions on using it for camera stuff?

I missed the last one this morning … :frowning:
Hoping they have more today…

http://www.woot.com/plus/yukon-tactical-bags-1?ref=cnt_wp_3

It would not be good for camera equipment. There are no real dividers. This is basically a (not round) duffel with shoulder straps. I would hardly call it a bugout bag. Mine is very nice and I love it for packing cloths, but the dividers are worthless. Even when zipped up they are flimsy.

To the poster above, the dividers are not removable, but you can unzip the sides of them and fold them flat.

You have a yeti icon. Have you won a BOC this week already? You can not win more than one.

Bought a recon tactical commuter bag last month and right from the beginning the plastic clips on the shoulder strap would just pop off. Then after solving the problem by getting a $7 credit from woot and purchasing carabiner clips, a couple of weeks later one of the smaller handles just tore from the bag. Still waiting to hear bag from manufacturer about getting a replacement. Hoping it was a fluke and not the quality of all their bags…

@basalt51, you’re correct that the dividers cannot be unzipped, but can be laid flat. Please note that since your last purchase the divider material has been upgraded to a sturdier, more rigid EVA foam. We have also added locking zippers to keep dividers securely in place when needed. All that and new colors, we got you covered!

Wow, that is a fluke! This is one our favorite new styles. Please remember we offer a 1 year warranty so please contact us at customerservice@yukon-outfitters.com and well do more than just give you credit. We’ll send you a replacement, cover your shipping, and send some other Yukon goodness for the inconvenience.

No. (sigh) I have not managed to be fast enough to snag a bag yet… I just right clicked on the image when it was available (opening image into another window), copied the URL and included it in my comment.

For those asking about Yukon Outfitters, they are a company created and owned directly by Woot (Update: if that’s changed or I’m wrong about that feel free to correct me @YukonOutfitters, just trying to shed some light for those wondering)

Just like Wilder & Sons on The Clymb and a few other examples that come to mind, it allows Woot to eliminate the middle man and source products directly (all are from China as far as I know but correct me if I’m wrong) while giving people the impression it’s actually from a third party company.

I can’t say I’m a fan of this (they often replicate designs of other smaller brands since they don’t do their own product design) but it’s happening everywhere you look right now so it’s hard to point too many fingers.

Hmmm, That’s very interesting. I would believe it’s from a 3rd party. Thanks for the info!

@teamconan, We are definitely our own independent company and not owned by Woot or anyone else for that matter. We like Texas and all, but the BBQ in NC is better. Uh oh, now look what you started…

If I order a bag, will you fill it with BBQ for me to see if your stuff is really better than this great state?

My apologies - that’s what I was told but I’m happy to admit that I was wrong or misinformed if that’s the case. Carry on and save me some BBQ.

For those who already have this bag, this looks a whole lot like an oversized camera bag and a lot less like a bug out style bag. Ok, it’s covered in chicken mole but those interior pics look to be of a padded interior and the layout and design look, well camera bag. I’d expect a lot better compartmentalization for a real BoB