Yukon Outfitters Gun Cases, Racks & More

Hi Newman88

The sides of our scabbards are waterproof as they have a PE board insert to hold shape in between several layers of foam and nylon. However, the top ends are of course open, and there are ventilated rivets at the bottom so that your barrel won’t rust over time due to humidity in your gun safe and or vehicle, office… etc.

The Cartridge Belt, Bugout Bag, Breakdown case, Rilfe bag and Overwatch sling pack are water resistant but not water proof. We do have a line of waterproof gun storage systems and bags that will debut later this fall…

Hope that this helps!

Shikemd,

We hear you loud and clear. Check out these product review videos of this line complete with different weapons…

Rifle Scabbard: Yukon Tactical Rifle Scabbard - YouTube

Breakdown case: Yukon Tactical Breakdown Case - YouTube

Shotgun / Range Gun scabbard: Yukon Tactical Rifle/shotgun Scabbard Review - YouTube

Cartridge Belt: Caribou Cartridge belt from Yukon Tactical - YouTube

HeadAcheJoe,

We appreciate you reading the responses! This stuff is what we live for be it in the woods, at the range or tending to our preps. The BugOut bag doubles as our design guys softball/ gym bag and you’re spot on with the Overwatch being able to handle Coach duties… she’ll do work as a bugout option as well. Thanks for the support!

Steimes,

The side pockets and internal organization system on the BugOut bag would work well at the range. You could organize boxes of various rounds from 12ga to .556 to .40 or 9mm internally and still have room for your pistol, break down weapon or carbine that uses pistol rounds. If fully loaded we would recommend using the top carry handle or internal backpack strap options vs. the shoulder strap to traverse distances longer than from your home to vehicle or vehicle to gun range. The hardware used was designed with buggin’ out in mind and weight was critical. We used the metrics of 2 changes of clothes, 2L of water, purification tablets, fire starter, 5lbs of trade materials, 5lbs of freeze dried or canned food, break down weapon with 300 rounds plus mags, rain gear and semi auto pistol with 50 rounds/ 2 mags for bugging out. The contoured design will hold all of this nicely against your back and keep the gear tight and stable no matter if you’re on an ATV, dual sport bike, foot or vehicle. Let us know if you need any more info!

Will the waterproof bags look like the tactical bugout bag w/ mollie straps?

I like the bug-out bag design though a question/suggestion. I like that it can be a duffel bag with the handle, shoulder bag, and backpack.

When using it as a shoulder bag, is there a pocket to stow the straps shoulder straps? And something to consider - a chest (sternum) strap and maybe a hip belt for stability and comfort.

Right now they won’t havre the mollie straps as sewing to a waterproof bag causes problems to be 100% waterproof. We’re experimenting with some shell variants that would be mollie compatible while keeping the important items dry. When looking for waterproof do you think that mollie is important to have? We’re having this debate now and would like the feedback

Just received the bug out bag this morning and have to say it’s pretty nice. Overall construction is fairly solid, the seams are well sewn and I only had to trim back 2 loose thread ends near the zippers.

Unexpectedly, the main carry grip in the center of the bag’s top has a nice and squishy soft wrap around the straps, which is a big change from the stiff webbing handles of other gear bags like this. I’m betting it will make carrying it MUCH nicer on the hands.

All of the zippers have a knotted cord pull instead of a metal pulltab, which I personally like, but others may not. It definitely reduces clinking and clattering noise. Though the cord supplied is great, I’ll be replacing them with custom 550 paracord pulls. That’s just something I’ve done with all my bags.

It’s got some roomy outer pockets, but those are really for quick access things like your wallet, phone or a small medkit. The inside is very spacious and is uniquely designed, at least from my experience. It has a pair of mesh pockets in the lid for some small stuff. The main compartment, which I really like, has a pair of floppy dividers that have zippers on each edge so you can have 4 different division configurations depending on how you pack it up. The strapping material is good, strong quality webbing you’d find on more well-known bags, and the molle rigging on the faces is well attached.

If I had to find a fault it would be with the shoulder straps. They’re constructed well, and good enough to do the job intended, but they’re just a little thin on the padding. On the other hand, I do like the fact that they detach at the bottom and can be folded away in the zippered compartment that covers the entire base of the bag when not needed.

Overall grade: 4.5 out of 5. Sturdy materials with what appears to be top-notch construction makes for a durable bag that will take some abuse and come out looking good. If you give this company some time and experience to refine the designs and accessories, I’m guessing they’ll approach Maxpedition’s quality fairly quickly.

I am curious as why would you recommend using the handle instead of the should strap when the bag is fully loaded. Does the should strap have a weight limit that it may break?

In the SHTF situation, I will need the bag on my shoulder because my hands are busy carrying my AR!

I was considering either the Yukon Outfitters shotgun scabbard, or one of a couple others that are on Amazon.com that had tons of 5-star reviews. I couldn’t find ANYTHING about the Yukon-branded one via google searches, so I was hesitant to try it.

I decided to be adventurous and give the Yukon Outfitters one a try after all. I did this even before the Yukon rep here started answering questions (which is AWESOME by the way). I’ll report back with my thoughts on it.

Also, I agree, I LOVE it when company reps come to woot and engage with customers via the comments section. Community outreach is huge these days, and its nice to see when companies understand that.

First 2 Summit,

The sternum strap is a great idea and we’ll look into it. The shoulder straps can be retrieved from a hidden pocket on the bottom of the pack. When you’re not using the backpack version you can just stow them in this pocket. We’ll post some pics of this on our FB page today.

Lanwarrior,

Let us clarify. We agree with you that both hands need to be on the peace keeper in a SHTF situation. Because of this, the shoulder straps should be deployed thus allowing for the user to use a map, or control an AR/M4. The top carry handle is designed to be a pin point secure spot to ‘grab and go’ or toss the bag in a vehicle. The shoulder strap is more for the every day gym bag / weekender option before the zombies come.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Bandrik,

Thank you for giving us a shot! We think that you’ll be happy with the results. Please share your comments when you get the scabbard. What kind of gun are you going to use it for?

I just received my order, and I’m really impressed! Here’s my National Match Service Rifle (20" ar15) and scoped 10/22 in the rifle scabbard. I was hoping to be able to squeeze the NM Service Rifle into the Shotgun scabbard, but it’s too large all around. The rifle scabbard is perfect for an ar15 (without a foregrip) though!

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/9466465665_49571839c2_c.jpg

I’m extremely impressed with the quality overall, and the variety of mounting/rigging options available. Highly recommended.

Will the shotgun scabbard fit an M1 Garand, or a 1903?

Im confused by the dimensions of the shotgun scabbard.
Dimensions: 29.5" H x 6" W x 2" D

is that suppose to be 29.5" length?

Only if it is resting on a table.

I received my order today which consisted of the Breakdown Gun Case and the 4 Gun Pistol Rack. The Breakdown Case exceeded my expectations. The quality is top notch. The $5 shipping was fast. Ordered on Wednesday morning and it was at my front door this afternoon. I will definitely be a return customer for Yukon Outfitter products.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

I’m using this with a Mossberg 500 with just a pistol grip (no stock). It fit quite well, feeling snug and kept in place without being too tight. The padding on the inside was nice, and I don’t fear that it’ll scratch the shotgun. Overall it was well constructed, and for the most part I’m quite happy with it.

For constructive criticism, there’s only one main thing I would have liked to have seen. This would have been much nicer with a shoulder pad for the main strap. It’s not bad without, but having one would have been a nice extra feature.

Conclusion: great product, especially for the price. As the Terminator says, I’ll be back.

Hi Boxymoron,

The shotgun scabbard will fit an M1 Carbine. You’ll need the Rifle scabbard for the M1 Garand or 1903. We have a Springfield SOCOM here in the shop which is similar in size to your Garand (depending if your Garand is ‘Sporterized’ or not) and it works nicely with the Rifle Scabbard. We’ve posted pics on our facebook page for reference.

These are all great questions though and we’re going to have loads of pics with multiple weapon systems next time around for your reference.