Yukon Outfitters Outdoors Gear

so is google or youtube search bar.

I ordered two Bug-outs last time they were offered up. This is a knockoff of the Maxpedition DoppelDuffell, which I do not have. I do have other Maxpedition bags though, so I am generally familiar with the quality and build. The Yukon Bugout is a decent bag, but has some flaws. The main handle is wrapped in some kind of “foam”. I expect this will eventually start breaking down and leave foamy bits all over your hands. I intend to cut it off before that happens.
Also, the Bugout has a liner. The interior “dividers” don’t zip directly to the exterior shell of the bag, which is reasonably thick. They use a really thin poly liner that I expect to start falling apart fairly quickly. Good bag for hauling clothes and such, not so good for lots of weight and/or pointy bits. We’ll probably use them for our hurricane fleeing bags… they’ll get loaded and sit there without getting much abuse most of the time. Other than the couple of things I specifically mentioned, the rest of the bag looks to be decent. While the zippers and clips aren’t YKK, they seem reasonably hefty and I expect they’ll hold up to everyday use. Overall the quality is a step above WallyWorld kids backpacks, but nowhere near what you’ll get with the name brand gear these imitate. However, the price is right. Worth $50, just don’t expect it to compare to a $200 bag.

Does anybody have any experience with the OD green rifle scabbard?

A quick search gave links to amazon reviews, but are no longer there. I guess Amazon used to sell them, but they no longer do?

It seems well constructed. Although, by measurements alone it’ll be a couple of inches short than my Sig M400, I think it’ll do the job.

I pulled the trigger on one. No pun intended. We shall see.

Here’s a youtube link. I think the video was made by the manufacturer.

Thanks for the review.

Can two sleeping bags be zipped together??

I purchased the Overwatch bag from the last woot. It does hang off the right shoulder. I really like the fact that the water bottle holder is removable. My only complaint is that it hangs on the right shoulder. From playing in bands most of my life, I am used to weight on my left shoulder. Or if I was hunting, I can’t shoulder a gun with the sling on my right. Otherwise this is a really good bag.

can anyone confirm the dimensions of the tactical range bag? the specs say 26 in high but it doesn’t look
that high.

Why am i not surprised the Bugout Bag was first to go. Years from now we’ll look back at the 10’s and laugh. “Apparently we were all frightened about an imminent zombie apocalypse or nuclear winter. Whichever came first, we were prepared with water-proof matches, nuts, and lots of bandaids.”

Actually it was available for days and was the third to go :slight_smile:

I bought the rifle scabbard and the bug-out bag last time around - as previous commenters have mentioned, they are not quite up to the standards of Maxpedition or 511. Nevertheless, they are well made and a good deal for the price; if you need something that will survive combat conditions, go with the expensive stuff - for everything else, these will serve quite well, and without the three-figure price tag.

One warning, though - DO NOT expect the color of the item you receive to match the color you see in the pictures Woot puts up - the ones I received were both dark Olive Drab (aka Army Green), not the lighter colors seen on the product pictures.

I needed a bag to hold some hand tools, a note book, and my lunch,
I could care less if they called it an anti zombie apocalypse encounter bag,
I’m not going to fill it with MRE’s & gas masks.

Its a bag.

I’m interested in the tactical breakdown case. Can someone with experience give a review?

Picked up the scoped rifle case last time these were up, and I’m a fan. Just big enough for a typical 16" bbl AR, and I like the reversed opening.

Only thing I’d like to see changed would be some more general-purpose pockets on the outside and maybe some pockets or elastic loops on the interior to hold small items. At the price, it’s hard to complain, though.

http://imgur.com/a/tWt2H#2

I got this thing in the mail and gave it to my dad, he takes a couple wacks at some dried wood laying around in the back yard and chips it after 5 seconds. He is an experienced woods man. We both laughed. I guess you get what you pay for.

I’m leaving this comment behind as I’m sure that Yukon Tactical products will be here on Woot again.

First off, let me start by saying that I rarely post reviews on products. They either have to really suck or exceed my expectation based on their description, intent of usage and ultimate value.

I received today my OD green Rifle Scabbard. Shipping was very fast btw.

I must say I’m impressed with the product. It’s not exactly the same as similar items from 5.11 or Maxpedition, but it comes close. For the $35 I paid, I’m way more than happy.

Very sturdy construction and as the picture shows; plenty of MOLE loop attachments.

I’m sure some outdoor or SOG personnel would chime in that this scabbard wouldn’t hold up to some rigorous tactical training or environment. Then again I don’t know too many SOG members that would carry their primary weapon in a scabbard.

I spent 10 years in the Army along side infantry and IMHO this product would hold up pretty well.

So, if you are looking at purchasing the Yukon Tactical Rifle Scabbard and you are looking for a solid method of transporting and protecting your priced rifle to and from the range or the hunting fields; just read again the paragraph above and pull the trigger.

My only “complaint” about this scabbard would be that it doesn’t seem that the rifle, my Sig M400, can be carried with a 30 round mag inserted. Nothing that an x acto knife, some OD green thread, strips of Velcro and patience couldn’t fix in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks Yukon Tactical for an excellent product at an excellent price. An thanks Woot too!

How ridiculous

26.5" H x 13.5" W x 3" L

So why won’t my 26.1" KSG fit?? (It’s not even remotely close!)

So Woot gives the outside dimensions of a case meant to hold something internaly…that makes ZERO sense.