Yukon Tactical Defender 500 Flashlight

I would have really liked to see him hit something with it in the informercial video.

This! He should have whacked it on the table and then turned it on to prove it can take a licking and keep on…you know what, this has gone off the rails.

The WOOT Specs say:

“0.64 lbs.”

But the video IIRC said 2 lbs.

Thoughts?

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na – BatLightMan!!!

Without/with batteries.

Ok, so what’s your personal opinion about this?

The way he was stroking it in the video made me wonder if they could add a vibrating mechanism to it. I’m sure it would make a great gift for that lady in your life. But then again, it’s only running on 3 “C” batteries…perhaps they could include an adapter to hook it up to a 220? Of course, then it’s only tactical within 25 feet of the nearest clothes dryer or stove.

I saw this deal and thought 'oh hell yeah. ’ but then i thought about it, and i realized…if i want a flashlight that can double as a blunt weapon “in case of an emergency”, i think i’m better off to just stick with a Maglight.

The general population has already seen the effectiveness of how well catching a beating with a Maglight would go over. But this…they might scoff at seeing it and not be dissuaded in the least.

I want to pick one up, but i don’t need imaginary burglars snickering at me for having this instead of an 80lb Maglight.

Only in California could you be imprisoned for a flashlight…SMH. “Hey, What are you in for?” “Flashlight”

I have a SureFire P2X Defender w 500 Lumens and Lithium batteries. Those “C” batteries and the extra $ 5 shipping are the deal killer for me.
However if accurate, the impressive 5OO lumens is more than enough to blind your attacker long enough to flip the flash light around and bonk him on the head.
If it was free shipping I’d buy it.
I paid $125 for my P2X @ and it now sells for $165.
If you don’t have a high lumens light this is pretty cheap and appears to be a pretty good deal. I look at the "16 length as a positive not a negative.

Hey y’all. Nice catch… yes the casing material is aluminum. We got excited and may of had too many cups of coffee before filming that portion of the video.

The reason we put the button on the bottom is because we feel it’s important to have the on/off switch near your hand. The size is important we feel as it allows men and women to carry it while walking the dog, out on your property and small enough to stow in your vehicle.

No this is not one of those super long heavy duty trucker mag lights. But it is a man portable, stable lighting system that comes with 500 lumens… in a design that can be used for self defense.

Hope that this helps!

Yukon Outfitters

Weight was an important factor when we designed this light. Those chunky free weight flashlights are great… but they are really too heavy for most Americans to use effectively… carrying, storage, and heaven forbid self defense. The Defender 500 allows for a much more nimble carry and transport… in a compact manner while still retaining important self defense capabilities. Think of it as a tomahawk of 500 lumen flashlights.

Thanks for checking us out!

This is referring to empty out of the packaging vs. with batteries.

Way to ruin these posts with facts! The price is a bit high. I got this similar tactical bat for $17.99 Stalwart 17 inch Aluminum Safety Bat LED Flashlight - Security - Tanga

It’s not even the same. AA batt vs C batt. The added heft making it a 2 lbs unit makes an effective self defense weapon. A flashlight that looks like a bat with 3 AA batts is as effective as my uzi self defense pen in wacking someone with it.

Before heading over to hit the “Want One” button…

… Bruce Wayne NEEDS this… (had the same thought as the Sodium fan above)

… for those days when a wiffle ball game breaks out at midnight…

…speaking of: nicely paired with http://tinyurl.com/kkumkqx

… comes in red, black, and natural wood colors-- a real fielder’s choice

… I’d heard MLB players were asking for lighter bats to get their swing around more quickly, but this is ridiculous…

… and I’m out… outta the park with this one!

ugh…

We support this post

We concur.

I have a similar item to this with 3 C cell batteries
it looks very similar except mine has only high power mode, no logo and mine is all black.

I also have a 3 D cell maglite

The reason I got this even though I already had the Maglite is the Maglite is a little big and heavy. This bat shaped light is easier to fit and carry around in for example a backpack.

If you ever had to use this for something other than as a flashlight it would be just as effective (in fact more effective imo) due to its shape than the 3 D cell Maglite.

The main problem is what to say if LE catches you with this - certainly you will have to have a good story ready to go and if that doesn’t work you will have to shut up and lawyer up. I end up just keeping it at home.
If i ever carried it out I guess it would be out of sight and I would be ready to refuse any kind of search.

well, I can tape a whisk to my 1911 .45, doesnt make it a blender…