Z-Cyber iDrive 1.5GB USB 2.0 Mini Hard Drive

woa…right down the street from woot

synapse micro company contact info:

2060 Luna Rd. Suite 100
Carrollton, Texas 75006
(972) 417-3959 x 232 (dealer sales)
FAX (972) 418-9245 (sales

:shock: :frowning:

You guys ever think that maybe there is a REASON that woot hasn’t told us any info? You don’t want the fun to stop do you? :roll:

I just bought a 2.2 GB removable US Memories microdrive w/ USB adaptor for $165 you can get them from PCMall, eCost and many other places.

2.2 gig is pretty big. I’d only use a drive this size for photos if I was a pro photog or rich.
Or for mp3’s if I was a rock star and rich.

Woot is a hoot.

The marketing is wonderful. I would think we’ll see more marketing like this in the future.
One item per day total for your whole company. And you could have lots of different
companies around the country depending on what product type you have available.

For example if you’re in wyoming you could have specialty cow pies. Each a different flavor
every day. Or in Boston maybe different kinds of clam chowder in a radiation sterilized bag.
That’s the future. I saw a loaf of radiation sterilized bread and after 1 year I think it was still ‘fresh’ the other bag had turned to ‘soup’

ok. now that your breakfast is ready.

One thing about woot is that I think there is probably a more linear growth rate and
also a more reliable growth rate than other businesses selling this kind of stuff because of the 1 item per day. People are staying up getting up at midnight to see what’s online.
It’s a sure bet that whatever goes online is going to sell out if it’s hot. Because people are making the choice to come to see. The daily change is entertainment in itself.
Change = novelty = interest. You’re not bored if things change.

I can go to newegg for 5 days in a row or Computersurplusoutlet.com and they have
the same items every day for a month. or a week for sure. I have to look for the part
that says, ‘new today’ or just got in. And did you ever realize how you feel like those
companies believe they have to bring out a specialty item every day? Ahhh buy.com does that or used to with their daily special. But often they’d take a regular item mark it down and
call that the daily special.

With woot every day is different. I am facinated by the marketing technique.

Has anyone else ever seen this one item only per day from any other company?

I feel like I want to post a message every day just to be a part of the daily scene.
a.

[quote user=“IndyPunkOne”]woa…right down the street from woot

synapse micro company contact info:

2060 Luna Rd. Suite 100
Carrollton, Texas 75006
(972) 417-3959 x 232 (dealer sales)
FAX (972) 418-9245 (sales

:shock: :([/quote]

[size=18:05a86aee9d]THAT IS WOOT!'s address. [/size:05a86aee9d]

US Memories??? what the hell
That sounds like a shit drive that will sussequently shit out soon enough, I wouldnt bother with that, It’s compact and all, but you could prob get like a 20 gig Lacie drive that doesn;t require any external power for that price.

I’d like to see you carry THAT drive in your pocket. “:roll:”[/quote]

If you learn how to read your numbers here are the dimension : "The brushed aluminium case is 12.8cm x 8cm x 1.35cm thus is very slim and fits in your pocket "

for you guys who need second grade math lesson :
12.8 cm X 3.15 cm X 1.35 cm converted to 5 inX 3in X 0.5 in so how is this 4,5 times? please learn your math before posting

I’m going to grab 2 of these 'cuz my kid really wants one and so do I. You know what convinced me? I’ve zapped my old 256KB flash memory pen drive twice with static electricity and these little guys won’t be suceptible to that!

FYI…I did a little more research on this drive - it uses a 1" “Stamp Drive” . From the creators of this new technology: “It has fewer than 40 electrical components and three integrated circuits compared to 110 electrical components and 6 integrated circuits on competitive storage solutions.” It was made to compete against a 1GB Flash Memory “Thumb” drives, which are still going for around $200, I think. And at $120 for 1.5GB, it’s way less dough…

Thanks again, woot – my 3rd deal with you – keep 'em coming!

[quote user=“bgut1”]I don’t know if anyone has noticed but Woot seems to be selling the same items being sold (to resellers only) at www.synapsemicro.com. Very interesting that the robomower and microsoft keyboard are still available at that site. Go figure.[/quote] 8)

I figured I’d be the one to shed light on it – The owner of Synapsmicro.com is the owner of Woot.com. I’d know, I checked. :slight_smile:

I sent him an e-mail letting him to know to fix a part of thos forum that gives me access to every account created so I can gather a lot of e-mail addresses. He hasn’t fixed it yet. Oh well.

–M

Hey hey, 279 of those keyboard/mouse kits on synapsemicro.com/woot. Wanna sell them to us? :smiley:

Looks like the woot’s been let out of the bag. :shock:

177 Robomowers left. Sell me one please!!! :cry:

Hey guys, yes, WOOT! has been let out of the bag – I e-mailed the owner last week and never received a response. don’t go begging for items you see on the Synmicro website – those are CRATES of items, not individual items. They take the individual ones and sell them here on WOOT, which is a very good idea.

Now if you don’t mind, I have to go collect all of your e-mail addresses for a massive mailing list. Hahaha
Jokin’, I’m going to let WOOT know if it is still accessible.

Hasta,
–Me
P.S. Is there a prize for figuring out who WOOT is?? :wink:

Yes. Woot sends robots to your house to kill you, refurbished robots even! Mwahahahaha.

Preety Swwet
Not sure about the price though?
Gotta check elsewhere

only the second
what’s the condition?
is it a brand new one ?

Official woot price: $119.99.

Ebay Buy it now for $165.00

If I had $120 I would probably buy this.

I found it on ebay but it was only sold in Australia :?