Zapi Ultraviolet Toothbrush Sanitizer and Holder

Where are all the electric swizzle sticks? UV TB SA NI TI ZE RS G M A F B

Check out the reviews, this thing is a piece of junk. I buy a lot from WOOT sorry to see something this worthless on the site.

is it waterproof??

can i leave my wet brush in it?

Kills 99.9% of germs? So does any alcohol or mouth wash (as mentioned).

Random! I was JUST looking for something like this and wasn’t even thinking about something colorful and fun looking. Sweet!
…tho still deliberating - a $10 toothbrush holder?hmm…

More about the HSN sale… Smaller video, saleout.

HSN, sale out of these things at $29.95 a piece.

And one for the kids…

Have fun brushing children!

I had one of these. LED on the front is VERY bright and flashes for the whole five-minute cleaning cycle. UV light also stopped working after about a month.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t have to replace the battery in that time with two people using it daily.

I know there’s a ton of bacteria on my toothbrush. (Thank you Mythbusters.) However, it’s far more convenient to continue pretending otherwise, so I’ll have to pass on this one.

UV light can kill a lot of bad things. Hot water is not very effective.

How long does the zapping process take on these?

I’m inclined to buy three just because they look oh so juggle-able…

Perfect for those people who keep their toothbrushes right next to or on top of the toilet and don’t close the seat when they flush.

Lots of 1’s on Amazon.

Its a good price regardless.

mouthwash? i just use vodka.

i’ve never sanitized my toothbrush. Neither has anyone i know. it’s never made me sick.

hows your immmune system supposed to stay fit if you never work it out a lil?

pass…

http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/positions/statements/toothbrush.asp

“While there is evidence of bacterial growth on toothbrushes, there is no clinical evidence that soaking a toothbrush in an antibacterial mouthrinse or using a commercially-available toothbrush sanitizer has any positive or negative effect on oral or systemic health.”

so, i want to sanitize something that i will later place into the dirtiest part of my body, full of pathogens, bacteria, micro-parasites, yeast and sloughed mucous membrane cells?

I’m a researcher in an academic biology lab, so here’s a brief look into the science. Ultraviolet light, especially continuous exposure, mutates DNA and with enough mutations and DNA cross-links any living organism will not survive. We actually use UV lights in our super-sterile hoods, turning them on whenever we are not actively using the area.

As to whether or not your toothbrush needs such a sterile environment, that’s up to the little hypochondriac inside of you.

Its a good price regardless. As Vince would say from Shamwow… “Your gonna spend that much in mouthwash every month. Your throwing your money away.”