Zensonic Wireless HD Network DVD, Media Player and Streamer

pricing for future reference

product(s): 1 Zensonic z500 Wireless High Definition Network DVD Media Player and Streamer
condition: New

$119.99 + $5 shipping

woot off on woot

one week til thanksgiving… and i’m thankful for woots like this… don’t you agree?.. and here’s useful linkage w/ CSE links… and all that.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Zensonic Wireless HD Network DVD, Media Player and Streamer
$119.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Zensonic z500 Wireless High Definition Network DVD Media Player and Streamer

so does it play hd dvds or wat?

IT’S A WOOT OFF, WRONG STATION PEOPLE!!! YOU BEST SWITCH TO THE REAL WOOT. HEE HEE GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY WOOTING! BAGS OF CRAP IN OUR FUTURE??? FINGERS CROSSED. HUBBY WANTS A 47" LCD FLAT PANNEL TV YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I might buy this despite knowing I’ll have to buy a Blu-ray or HD DVD player later (I guess I can always download HD vids. This DOES stream 1080i).

I assume it upconverts EVERYTHING else.

I don’t see an HDMI connection in the back. Is that it on the left? Looks too small. OK, I see it. It is under the antenna. (Oh, and no HDMI cord. Not a prob for me, but might be for others)

Here’s a short review (This retailed at $429 at launch in June 2006):
http://www.gadgetell.com/2006/05/zensonic-hd-network-dvd-player/

A review with some more technical specs:
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/DVD/z500.ASP

Wanna look at the insides? Go here (I see it is Linux-based OS):

Seems to have freeze-up issues. People either love it or hate it:

Another note: Zensonic is now known as Ziova. This might be an updated version of this product ($299):

I think everyones busy with the woot off to post about this!

poor, ignored sellout…

this device will never support WPA… it is a shame.

good sellout.woot is just ignored, let’s keep it a secret then :wink:

Will it play Divx? I see Xvid and may do some versions of Divx, but which ones?

Can this play ripped (backup) DVD VIDEO_TS directories off a network share?

I know this is a dumb question, but what makes this better than the multitude of HD upconverson DVD recorders out there? Why is the price so high when the recorders are going for under $100?

Thanks,
Sharon

I’m not sure if it’ll do video_ts folders but it will play dvd iso files.

This is a NETWORK media player with DVD build-in. What makes it expensive is that ability to play media from network share drives. Which in my opinion is well worth the price. I wonder how durable these players are? Never heard of the Zensonic brand…

TYVM! I saw that being about to stream wirelessly from your PC was a cool feature. I was wondering which cool feature made this opportunity a good buy and you answered perfectly! Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Some info here. Short answer as I read it: Yes, BUT - Make sure you have the right firmware version (1.4+, pref 2.0+), it’s experimental functionality, and save the DVD backup with the right software. Full disk sometimes works, other times just basic menu + movie only (reauthor it). Also, ISO is apparently successful more often.

Zensonic site Too much info to list… plus user forums, firmware, product pictures, etc…
Video Review from 9-7-2006 Firmware has definitely been updated since then.