Zike Saber Hybrid Bike (Multiple Colors)

“Reticulated” is for the python; i bet you meant “recumbent bike”.

I think it is an interesting product. They should market it to people with the butt roids, since there is no sitting. :smiley:

I have been thinking of buying a stair stepper and also a beach cruiser for the pub crawls that go on around here…seems like it’s worth the money to try it out (don’t worry, I’ll be wearing a helmet) …I’m also buying the stem raiser (from amazon for $18.59) since I’m 5’11"…
I feel violated by bicycle seats and I love the idea that this allows you to stand and pedal…the reviews on amazon describe this thing as being good off road…hence its rugged weight with a low center of gravity.
I’ve already watched the YouTube assembly video. Seems easy to put together.
I’m rather stoked and I hope woot has mine on its way NOW! :slight_smile:

want to buy one for kid, but this thing weights 50lbs? That’s heavy!

The weight is a real deal breaker for me. I’m still thinking about because it looks pretty fun. I’m also 6’3" and I figure I can modify the height of the handle bars, but I don’t know how to take 20 lbs of weight off it.

I’m a reticulated, I mean recumbent rider and my reticulated bike weighs around 28 lbs which is still much heavier than a wedgie bike.

Why does this thing weight so much. It says it has an aluminum frame.

…and the bear? Where’s the bear…who MUST be chasing me if I’m using this thing to get anywhere without a seat!! LOL!!

I thought Elvira’s post was cute…tickled my funny bone:)

whine I really want one of these… excited by them for a couple of years now, but they HAD to come up in February, aka “no-buy month.” Maybe I’ll just wait for an open-box to come up in Moofi or a woot-off in March or so.

Can I ask which stem raiser you bought? My bike part knowledge is lacking. I tried to search stem raiser and zike, but nothing came up. I searched stem raisers and found some but not sure which would work with this.

I am actually excited about getting this. I hope I love it and can shed some of this fat that seems to have attached itself to my thighs! But I do not need any strain on my back, so I know I need the handle bars higher. I am a 5’8" female, which isn’t all that tall, but watching the videos, it looks like I definitely want higher handle bars.

Excited for spring!! This looks like a hoot!

I feel your pain! I didn’t need to be spending the money either, but I am working an extra day this week to pay for it! I am still recuperating from Christmas - still paying for it monetarily as well as physically! Need to replenish the bank account and work off some of the Christmas dinner!

Boo hoo… I wanted red. What color is everyone getting? Not sure I like many of the colors available.

Anyone on here happen to have a Trikke? I am wondering because I am interested in knowing if this thing will exercise muscles that the Trike does not. The only thing my Trikke is exercising is my patience at this point. Can’t seem to figure out how to make it move! Looks easy, but it isn’t at all.

Apparently shipping weight is 50 lbs while the vehicle is a svelte 41. http://climbingstepper.blogspot.com/2013/10/reviews-zike-saber-hybrid-bike.html

I bit for a green one.

I have a Trikke, and I can make it move - downhill . . . when the ground levels out, my momentum does the same thing. It is an exercise in patience and I’ve worn mine out. I am hoping that things go better with this contraption.

Me too! I am pretty coordinated, but that thing has me puzzled. I am sure it is one of those things that once you get the hang of it, you will wonder what the problem was. I got my Trikke, had it for about 2 weeks, then I broke my arm (not on the Trikke). So I couldn’t get back on it while my arm was healing. Well, it is now time for me to get back into exercising. Gonna get that Trikke back out this weekend. I WILL conquer it! I hope!

I think this Zike will be easier to make it work, but I think I will be sweating buckets! But hey, gotta do what I gotta do to get back into shape!

Well, I am excited to use this. But not too excited about spring. Here in Texas, spring means get ready to have a heat stroke all the time. Wish it wouldn’t get so dang hot! I will have to make this thing move fast enough to make sure to I feel the wind in my hair. Because after I stop, all I will feel is the sweat pouring off of me!

I think this thing will be fun! Geez, I feel like a kid at Christmas… Can’t wait to get my new bike!

Butt roids… I am still cracking up!

I have a Trikke! It’s a lot of fun, but definitely not easy to do on hills. It does take a bit of practice to get the hang of it, but it’s really fun exercise. I actually think the Trikke is a better full body exercise than a Zike would be since you can get your upper body into it as well.

I read the amazon reviews and followed the recommendation of a happy reviewer who bought the 3.5" Delta stem raiser…hope that helps!

Thanks! Good info for me. Sometimes I actually just want to work out the lower body. And as of now, I don’t get much of a workout on the Trikke cuz it won’t move! But I am determined. I will get the hang of it at some point.

I’m getting a turquoise one. Can’t wait. Hope to take the extra Christmas weight off.

Thanks! And yes, that helps!