Zina Mini Digital Keychain Camera

Nice to keep in the car. Just in case of an accident.

I had a similar product and I don’t recommend these keychain cameras. You get what you pay for.

Maximum photos in low resolution: 99
Maximum photos in high resolution: 25

Why ? Can you be specific ? Do you have any example picture ?

It would help deciding to buy one or not.

You actually can use this camera with Windows Vista if you run Windows 98 as a virtual machine with VMware Workstation. Install the camera drivers in the Win98 VM. I have this camera and actually have done this. Picture quality is rather substandard but the camera is fun to play with.

I believe the politically correct term is “Little Person”

I’ve never bought 3 of anything - until tonight. Going to keep at least one in my car, the rest perhaps for stocking stuffers. As long as the pictures will upload, even with crappy quality, I can’t imagine feeling ripped off for $4.

I agree completely. You get what you pay for, i’ve learned that. I’m sticking with my camera phone, which might actually take better pics than this thing.

Does anybody have a photo from this camera? I’m in for two, but want to see what I can expect.

Also, I really doubt this is what my fiance wanted when she said she wanted a digital camera for Christmas.

Zima FAQ

http://www.zinaproducts.com/DigiCameraFAQv2.html

I confirm (from the manufacturer website) than pictures are stored in the SDRAM of the device.

Battery removed = pictures lost !
And also, it means that there is a permanent drain on the battery even is the camera is shut off !

Hmm…

Pretty much obsolete. I’m sure cheap crappy cellphones take better pics than this.

I had an older model of these, with only 8 mb of internal memory. Worked well enough, got lots of comments, the battery lasted several months.

The camera finally stopped working (wouldn’t turn on, photos wouldn’t load, etc etc)
But if it’s only 4 dollars per camera, I’m sure you can use the parts for some very interesting projects.

GREAT FOR X-MAS hehehe im a cheap basturd…

don’t you mean Former fiancee :wink:

Does it have a flash? or is it just like my iPhone with no flash?

In for two for the kids

ROFL

I bought one of these on ebay some time ago. They are totally worthless. The plastic is cheap and breaks apart, so I wouldn’t even use it as a keychain. The picture quality is the saddest thing since Bambi’s mother died. You have to put it on high picture quality just to “see” an image, and on that mode it stores about 8 photos. It only focuses about 1 ft in front of it. I wouldn’t buy this even to mess around with, because if it can’t take even one moderately acceptable photo, why call it a camera?

I certainly got one for me, and one for my cousin for Xmas! A great cheap gift for a big cheapass like myself :stuck_out_tongue:

And, as danbearce said earlier: For $4, what could go wrong?