Zinfandelabration! (We <3 ZAP)

You’re welcome, I didn’t think you were criticizing, but wanted to fix it quickly. Enjoy- a whole lotta Zin in the house this week.

We’ve had the Alex Valley zin (all 3 of them - Temptation, Sin and Redemption) but not the 2009 yet. We visited the winery while on a short tour out that way a couple years ago and came home with several bottles including the '07 Redemption. It’s been over a year since we drank the last one of the Redemptions so I don’t have specific recollections but I do recall that we liked all their Zins enough that when we saw the Temp. in the local wine shop we grabbed an extra bottle. If I hadn’t just received the Scott Harvey Zin woot I’d probably be grabbing this one.

Chase is DELICIOUS.

I have heard that. That’s probably the one I’m mostly on the fence about. I like Scott Harvey’s 1869. How does that compare with Chase?

Thanks for that. I’m debating still. Chase is the one I want the most I think but hmmm.

Havent opened an 1869 yet, but I would guess, guess that the chase is more new world. Big, lush fruit with some oak influence that, in the 05, came across as a lovely milk chocolate finish to accompany the big lush cherry. Knowing Scott’s style, and particularly, the style of the 1869 (from what I’ve heard and inferred), it’s more restrained.

Leaning towards the Redemption, which was very nice, but eager to try the Chatom instead.

Any first-hand recs/reviews/second-time buyers?

What? No love for Roger?

Delete please. Dupe.

29 posts and not a single review, tasting note or recommondation for any of the wines offered. The silence is speaking volumes to me.

You should learn to read…

Of course, Kyle rushes to Woot’s defense, without offering any information of value. Thanks for adding so much to the “conversation”, Kyle. Please don’t offer a review or tasting note or recommendation, or even point out whose post I’ve missed in the (now 32) posts that have no bearing on whether anyone should buy any of these wines. It would spoil the shutout.

This entire thread has recs and notes. I recommended the Chase and provided notes for the 05.

BlackDrez recommends the Alex. zins and provides notes.

DaleMatthews likes Chatom.

It’s really frustrating having to read for you.

Dang no J Dusi in here. But looks like a tasty bunch. Decisions decisions…

Really? Let’s take a look:

Did you even taste the Chase that’s being offered here? Evidently not, since you would have said THE Chase is delicious.

That’s your idea of a recommendation, Kyle? I like Chatom too, but it doesn’t tell you anything about this particular offering.

Again. He hasn’t had the wine that’s being offered here.

When I read a discussion forum whose sole existence is to discuss wines being offered on Woot, I expect to receive some info that can help inform a buy decision for that offering. Usually that happens. But when it doesn’t, I admit I sometimes get frustrated. When I pointed out that none of the 29 postings had given any specifics about buying the wines being offered (“I’m glad Chase is here” and “I had wines from a different year” not hitting the mark) it was an attempt, albeit a poor one, to shed light on the purpose for which the forum exists. Your posting “learn to read” merely generated smoke and heat.

Uhm, guys.

And that’s enough.

Wooters are feisty. You guys would fit right in at our office.

We may be a bit biased, but we’re pretty damn proud of our 2008 Zin. It’s rolling in hot off of a Best of Class Gold from the San Diego International Wine Competition and another Gold from Long Beach Grand Cru. Not too bad for the kids from the sticks!

For those unfamiliar with Chatom, we are a small boutique winery in the Sierra Foothills. All twelve of our varietals are estate-grown at our 65 acre vineyard and our wines are handcrafted (not manufactured!) with lots of love! Our wine club members are so spoiled it’s ridiculous. If you’re considering picking up one of our 6-packs of Zin from Woot and you like us, sign up for our Wine Club. We’ll even make you a DEAL! Your first three months in our quarterly wine club membership (including 2 bottles of wine) will be ON US, if you promise to sign up for a minimum of 1 year. Whaddya say? This could be the start of some amazing romances!

The wine being offered is the 2009 Redemption Zinfandel, not the Temptation Zinfandel. This is the Dry Creek appellation Zin, which is 100% Zinfandel.

Hello, I am the Winemaker for D-cubed Cellars. It is exciting to be here for this Zinibration, just before the Zinfandel Festival.

There are a couple of options if the Grand Tasting is not what you enjoy. Epicuria on Thursday evening is smaller and you have a great chance to try some awesome food pairings with Zins. Also if you become a ZAP member you can get into the Grand Tasting a hour before non-members.