Zmodo 4 Channel Surveillance System with 4 Weatherproof IR Cameras

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Zmodo 4 Channel Surveillance System with 4 Weatherproof IR Cameras
$99.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Wow.

Everything you need to have your surveillance system up and running in your home or business quickly and easily

(hard drive not Included)

Previous Woot!

Everything you need to have your surveillance system up and running in your home or business quickly and easily

(hard drive not Included)

I bought the last Zmodo 8ch DVR that popped up a couple weeks ago. The cameras are absolute junk.

This is worth it for the DVR alone, then buy some decent cameras elsewhere.

If I bought this, could I add more camera’s to the system?

I’m tempted to buy these for my mother so that she can see when her ice cream “mysteriously disappears” (see - “gets eaten by brother”) again that I had nothing to do with it. Eat the woman’s Moose Tracks ice cream one time, and five years later, she still can’t let it go…

Just 4 cameras? Does Woot ever offer anything to the guy who has 5 bathrooms in the house he rents out to a sorority?

Is a subscription needed for the “3g mobile live”

Prefect , Now i can see what my Neighbors Downstairs are doing at 2am… As well as see whos at my bedroom door, and Film some Awesome Times with My G/f… All at the same time … What a Awesome thing to have !!!

“I was thinking about the same question…”

Cool! Now tell me what I’M thinking! :slight_smile:

^^X^^

You need to check out sellout.woot.com, then invite the sorority over for a pajama party.

Use IP Cam Viewer on Android Market to view these on a mobile device.

I was wondering how to keep watch on the infrared monsters, robbers, ghosts, and such…

PERFECT!

Does anyone know if this unit supports SSH, telnet or FTP? I cannot find any native Linux clients for this and running VirtualBox every time I want to download the videos (one at a time with the official client, I might add) is a real pain!

I bought the system when they had the 8 channel for 160 and I like the quality and setup. Obviously you get what you pay for and I wasn’t expecting much. If you want you use this for surveillance then its worth it. If you want to zoom in on license plates you need to spend a lot more money.

No, the DVR included with this system only has four inputs.

Every time these go on woot they go down in price about $20.

Reason for this, they are terrible quality. I bought these last time.

Outside the IR has nothing to reflect off of, leaving a black picture if you do not have a spot light set up.

Inside IR reflects of walls, Grey tint, but still viewable.

High light inside outside is good picture, though colors are weird - Green can turn out to be purple, or grey into a shade of yellow.

Well they did offer this at one point.