Zmodo 500GB Surveillance System

I have my android tablet configured and get a live feed. Maybe 2 seconds delay. I use the software “IP CAM Viewer”. You can also use IE.

I had 1 camera fail and woot responded. Needed to contact zmodo, then sent a replacement camera within a few days.

The cameras are IR, so the colors are off. I read that if you used an IR filter to block IR light, the colors would be normal. I do agree that the IR is only good for about 10 feet.

Thanks Th0r (say that three times) I have one more question please if I may–Are you going out over the web to reach them or are they and your tablet on your local network?

I Did Understand him (and Also his Shadow therealjrn)

That Why I Did Not Waste my Time Replying directly to either Comments on whether I like it or not :slight_smile:

This is a tricky one @therealjrn. Give me a few minutes.

DVR Manual

Mobile Viewer Manual

DVR Software Manual

Local Network Setup

Remote Network Setup

And last but not least, In case you’re missing The software CD on arrival Here it is

TheRealRJN: Alright, Done. Are you not satisfied?

http://www.famigliacristiana.it/allegati/wall_gladiator511_736385.jpg

Gee, I wonder if the DVR works now…or if it ever did. LOL

Well don’t keep us in suspense!!!

Here more Info
You Can Read all the Comments Carefully on this original Post Where this Was Advertised on March 27)
It should Answer Most of your questions (if Not all)
Most of the Comments are Made by People who actually Bought and Used this product. it also Contains Many Useful weblinks.

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22704

I have it on the local network, but if I forward 2 ports on my router it works from the Internet. I don’t do that because of security concerns. When I need remote access I use a VPN to access my local network. Then I can access the cameras using IE.

Not really using a VPN, I use ssh and port forwarding. Even from the tablet.

These are 1/4" CMOS cameras. Decent entry level cameras for security are 1/3" CCD. These are basically bargain webcams. Used outside they will probably fail within a year. Also, there are very few IR-LED’s on them for night illumination. Rating at 30 feet is more like saying a person has to be 6 feet from the lens to see who it is. This is cheap Chinese junk. Not recommended, unless you just want a toy to play with.

Thanks Dann, you’re a champ :slight_smile:

Thanks Alan, this’ll give me some reading material.

Q-see vs Lorex. Any preference?

How would this work with a wireless router? Too much data?

Hmm, well I wanted to put them outside around the pool to catch night-time swimmers jumping the fence while I’m at work, so I guess I’ll pass and save my $185 for some more hookers and blow. Thanks everybody!

Alan, I read your post from your original purchase. There are a ton of references to “my country” in it concerning shipping and receiving. I seriously doubt Woot is going to be responsible for your “straw purchase” and the condition in which the item arrived to you in your country. Your country’s customs most likely opened the box and thoroughly inspected the contents. If they are anything like TSA checking luggage contents, I’m surprised the unit powered up and the lights blinked!!! Should of had your US person ship it to you labeled as a “gift”, wrapping & a card helps with getting the Value Added Tax reduced…or so I’ve heard!

One last thing, Alan, you may want to recommend to fellow newby wooters to check their SPAM/JUNK e-mail folder for replies instead of assuming the Woot staff is ignoring you. Humble pie is not easy to swallow, but you get a lot more respect by owning your mistakes.

me too lol

I bought this last time and added my own hard drive.

I did a quick setup with 2 cameras in less than an hour. One in the house and one hanging out a window. Was traveling out of country the next day and wanted to see how remote viewing worked.

The motion capture worked like a charm and sent pics to my email.

I used a free program on the iphone and could easily connect to the cameras and view both cameras.

IR is weak, but what do you expect…images are grainy, but you can increase resolution to 640x480 in setup.

I set the dvr with a static internal ip…and set my router to reserve the ip for the dvr mac address and port forward the appropriate ports.

The Windows software allows remote management of the dvr for turning motion off/on etc… and allows viewing recorded footage. Can even be done off site.

I think you would be better served with a motion flood light than relying on the IR feature.

why would you want 120FPS surveillance? that’s so much storage… 60FPS is precise enough while 30FPS is plenty for most uses.

It sounds like this is not the spycam I’m looking for if my goal is to spy on my dogs (inside-only) while I’m at work, correct?

This is definitely my favorite woot.thread since the woot-off. Awesome, y’all. Couldn’t make this up if you tried…