Zmodo 720p Wireless Indoor IP Camera

I’m buying another pair after buying two the last time they came up. They are not perfect - sometimes makes a clicking sound and occasionally is not available, but for the price and the ease of use they are VERY handy for peeking into my house from my iPhone. I have one in my garage that I can use to make sure the doors are closed, whether I’m going to bed or am across the state. I also have one at our least-secure entryway, to check for intrusions. These next two I’ll use to keep an eye on the front porch and some other random location. The ones I got before worked right out of the box (maybe I just follow directions better, maybe my router is more compatible than some others). If I have a complaint it is the INCREDIBLY BRIGHT green light on the front, which is almost bright enough to be a night light!(Well, and the clicking sounds) There’s also an internal blue light that flashes at times. Maybe there are better cameras out there, but for the price and ease of use I am very happy with mine!

Mill Teen USA is right! Changing the password will make all the difference. Having a password on your WiFi network is a good call too, that way your neighbors can’t connect to your hard-earned internet and download pirated copies of Game of Thrones without your permission.

In all seriousness, I’m surprised every day at the number of clients I talk to who are still using the default password for their router and network devices. We try our best to educate our customers on how to secure their network. We even have a really annoying pop-up in our ZSight mobile installation app that tells you to change your password.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95206289/Zmodo/ZSight.jpg

If you’re not using the default password for your router, IP Cameras, and any other devices you have connected to your router; then the only way someone can hack into your IP Cameras is to literally walk into your house and press the tiny reset button on the router and IP Cameras.

Both Foscam IP Cameras and these Zmodo IP Cameras have Onvif compatibility, which means that they’ll both work on 3rd party CMS programs such as iSpy or Blue Iris.

So no, if Foscam has a Foscam-specific CMS viewing software you won’t be able to see Zmodo cameras on that.

However, if you have a collection of both Foscam and Zmodo IP Cameras, you’ll be able to view them all at the same time on the same screen from either iSpy (iSpy is free!) or Blue Iris (Blue Iris demo version is also Free!)

The customers have spoken!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95206289/Zmodo/Drawing%20Board.jpg

To the drawing board, Zmodo!

So, I’ve got enough used/useless/broken security gadgets (Samsung, Uniden, X-10, etc…) collecting dust in the basement.

But now that IP-security cameras seem to be getting better in the reasonable price range these look more tempting.

Does anybody have personal experience with both the Zmodo and the Foscam cameras? +/- of each?

Not so much. This camera won’t be able to integrate into the robot because it’s not one of the approved models and you’d probably fail inspection. You could sort of use it like a GoPro on the robot if you install an SD card but the Wi-Fi would be a definite no-no because that could interfere with the FMS.

You might use it to create game videos for later review, but the quality isn’t really great and a cheap 1080p camcorder works much better for that.

They’re kind of fun to play with though.

Does this camera pick up audio?

Is the blurriness due to the window, or is all of the video like that?

Although the housing seems to have holes for a mic and speaker, this particular model seems to lack audio capabilities. Both Woot’ description and Zmodo’s official page say, “Audio input: Nonsupport, Audio output: Nonsupport.” The case is probably also used in another model that does have audio. You might want to look into the Foscam that was mentioned above if you want audio.

It doesn’t look blurry to me but Ido agree that the images aren’t very sharp. That’s probably due to the fact that this is a fixed focus camera. In other words, everything from say, 6’, to infinity are equally decently focused but nothing is especially sharp. Think back to the old Kodak Instamatics or disposable film cameras.

Doesn’t seem that great of deal considering for a $10 more you can get one with Pan and Zoom capabilities on Amazon and get free shipping if you have prime.

Did you try both WPA2 or WPA/WPA2 mixed mode? Some of these devices’ WLAN cards don’t like WPA2. I see this almost daily.

I don’t have the Zmodo cam but I’m interested for monitoring my front door while I’m away, and my car while I’m home. the only thing is it doesn’t look like the mount can have the camera upside down. as I would want to position it under my ac and use some plastic sheeting for weatherproofing.

Yes I know that’s not ideal, but heck 70 $ it’s worth the risk

In this instance the vid capture is not a direct feed, it appears to be a camera recording a screen that’s displaying the feed. I’m almost certain that the right side tree in that 15 minute vid is out of focus because of the angle he set it up at. Probably to avoid glare or something like that. The tree on the left is great, (white flowers) but the tree in the parking lot (right side green leaf tree) is mudd. Yet the parking lot looks great. Yeah, I’m sure it’s something to do with how he captured the feed.

Is there any way to focus those cameras? It has only center focused and everything around is blurred :frowning:

All in all those cameras suck… Foscam is way better.