Zmodo Pivot 1080p 360° Rotating Cam w/ 2pk Sensors

Does anyone know if this works with Amazon Alexa? i.e; if a door sensor is activated or the motion sensor detects movement, can Alexa receive the notification?

Howabout Curly Howard?

Pazuzu of course. Linda Blair played Regan who was possessed by Pazuzu. And if you add cameras, I suggest Mr. McSpinister or Spinny McSpin.

Is the video feed open or proprietary? Meaning can I grab the video with iSpy or similar program? Or only their app?

I am not real tech-savvy,. Can the video be viewed with an iPad?

Well, this is not a fake review. This is a terrible camera. Even if the object is near the camera the resolution is grainy. The app and software are temperamental whether using pc, Android, or iOS. Poor communication with several brands of routers. However, all of those problems go away in about 3-4 months when the unit decides to just stop transmitting. There are plenty of decent and good cameras out there, but this is not one of them. Even at 67% off on Woot, it’s just throwing money away. There is a reason they are so cheap. Trust your gut.

Do you have to view on a mobile device, or can you view on a laptop or PC?

Like, at the office, where you can view stuff on your work computer, but you can’t connect your phone to the company wifi (for reasons I can’t only describe as dumb but unchanging).

Pazuzu?

Edit:Oops,I am a couple of hours too late. TypeOholic beat me to the punch.

I’ve had one up and running for three months to watch my pets while away. The picture isn’t the best and the unit does occasionally need to be unplugged and plugged back in. App works fine and it’s been good for the price.

But then I would have to start calling my girlfriend by her real name. LOL
Great suggestion. Pazuzu it is. Especially since another Wooter suggested it, too. Thanks!

Best Woot comment in awhile. :grinning:

I have about a dozen Zmodo cameras, various models – although not this particular model. I have tried a few other similar cameras and none work as well as Zmodo. I can view the live stream on my phone or PC. Your experience may vary, but I love Zmodo. I would buy a couple of these but all mine are white.

Just got mine. Took about ten minutes to set it up. It works great. It makes a great way to stay in touch with the house, whether you want to use it as a nanny cam for the kids, or watch the dog, or just use it as a security device, it works great. The functionality from my smart phone works perfectly.

Bought one. Setup was easy enough. Prompted to upgrade firmware on first launch.

Not sure where the “360°” thing comes from. It’s got at best a 100° field of view.

It doesn’t rotate. The only thing it does do is every two minutes it starts wiggling back and forth (a degree or two) and doesn’t stop until you open the app and zoom the camera all the way out.

If I don’t get some answers, this thing’s going back.

Ironically, 4 out of 5 packages delivered earlier this week, and were not received by anyone at my address went missing (delivered by FedEx and Amazon), including my Woot! package of security devices…
security video doorbell on my shopping list now!

Oh No!!! I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

I was surprised at so many negative reviews. The one I got is super. it will only pan not go up an down but that is what is said
very good quality picture
good purchase. will get another if it comes up again

My issue is when I start the app download my security program identifies the app as unsafe and a privacy risk. It clearly informs that my cell phone number will be shared with a server in China and that my phone will be opened to virus and phishing attacks. I’ve emailed both Woot and the company through their product website. Can anyone offer a work around for this problem? Thanks,

Amazingly, on Friday the 14th, the Woot! package that was delivered but missing on Tuesday was delivered and received on Friday! On opf the other Amazon delivered missing packages also arrived. But the other two have not.

Wait! You’ve got an American made, non-intrusive, cellphone? Please provide the link :slight_smile:
I’m looking into Blue Iris for the monitoring software.
BTW, I do agree with you that the ZMODO app is a security risk. It asks for waaay too much permission to your cellphone.