ZOMM Wireless Leash for Cellphones w/Bluetooth Handsfree Kit

I bought this last time around. AWFUL doesn’t even begin to describe this product. I really loved when the bluetooth would drop off for a second and the alarm would go off all the time. Avoid!

thanks for saving me the money. I work in a hospital and that wouldn’t be acceptable.

Hi jpbroach,

When this (rarely) happens, it is because the mobile phone is randomly dropping the Bluetooth connection.

Fortunately, there is an easy troubleshooting step which should prevent your phone from dropping the Bluetooth connection. Perform a soft reset on your phone.

To do this, turn the phone off and remove its battery for at least 10 seconds. Then replace the battery and turn the phone back on.

If you have an iPhone, you can reset it by pressing and holding the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button together for at least 15 seconds until the phone powers off and the apple logo reappears. Your iPhone will reset and turn back on in a few moments.

This will prevent the phone from causing further false disconnections.

Sounds like a useless product unless your a senior and looking for an inexpensive LIFE ALERT Option?

Hi bkelly99,

The Wireless Leash has three useful functions. It is an emergency dialer, i.e. life alert-type system that is portable (not tethered to the home) and with no monthly charge. It is a hands-free speakerphone. And it is a Wireless Leash, triggering an alarm whenever you leave your phone behind.

If you ever need to get help in an emergency, need a hands-free speakerphone, or are worried about forgetting your phone, the ZOMM Wireless Leash is a useful product for you.

I have an older LG smartphone running Android 2.2 (ancient by today’s standards) and NEVER HAD this issue. If you had knowledge of BT you might understand the problem is the low quality BT radio in YOUR PHONE and not the device.

Buy a better phone next time rather than blame an accessory maker trying to make your phone more useful.

We have had many satisfied customers use ZOMM for the emergency calling feature alone. With no monthly fee, it’s been used and recommended by many in the medical community as well as emergency responders.

I believe that. I’m just thinking about an alarm going off at work because of a dropped bluetooth link.

Can you turn off the alarm so it only vibrates if you get separated from your keys?

I also had problems with it spontaneously disconnecting. I updated the software in the Zomm, I used it with 2 different Galaxy S3 phones and a Jitterbug Plus, not exactly crap phones. Had the same problem on all three phones, even under controlled conditions (just had the phone and Zomm sitting on the table in front of me, side by side). Would not recommend unless you don’t mind the (several times a day) disconnects.

Hi n4mrc,

Did you ever try resetting any of those phones? With most mobile phones, random disconnections is not a problem, though any phone could potentially get into an error state and drop the Bluetooth connection.

Though it is the Wireless Leash that is alarming, it is the phone dropping the Bluetooth connection which triggers this behavior.

It has nothing to do with the newness or price of the phone. In each case, a soft reset will correct the phone’s behavior and prevent false disconnections.

Hi dcohn,

Yes, you can customize the settings of your Wireless Leash using the myZOMM software on your computer.

You can set the Leash alarm volume to low or vibrate only.

What is the warranty on the Zomm device? I bought one the last time Woot had it on sale and it’s already broken on me. The casing literally fell apart about 6-8 weeks ago.

We list warranties at the bottom of the Features page. The ones in this sale have a 1 Year ZOMM warranty.

It sounds like the ultrasonic weld holding your device’s case together has failed. This can be covered under the 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty.

Please contact our Customer Service department at support.zomm.com.

Many are using ZOMM for the emergency dialing feature with no monthly fee. It comes already programmed with 911, but you can easily change to another number if you wish. Works with any phone, anywhere in the world that has a mobile phone signal.

So…we just got our Zomm’s today. My husband ordered 2, one for each of us. We both have the Samsung S4 and the Zomm will not work on either of our phones.

I don’t necessarily think it’s the phone. I think we were sent dudd’s. Connect it to the computer and pull up the website…it tells me the thing was interrupted in the middle of ‘recovery mode’ and that it’ll try and recover it.

Then it fails…sigh And of course there is no support to call on the weekend.