ZOMM Wireless Leash For Cellphones

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from ZOMM. We are here to help in any way.

More about the ZOMM offer to come!

Had one in the cart but the Amazon reviews changed my mind.

• No noise cancelling mic, so in car is questionable at best.

• Requires recharging frequently.

• If Zomm connects to a different Bluetooth device, the alarm goes off.

Woot has done it again. With their purchasing power, they bring you ZOMM at the lowest prices ever, just in time for Christmas. You get a ZOMM Wireless Leash, charging cable, quick start guide, and a safe driving kit (ZOMM visor clip, quick-release keychain and car charger) all backed by ZOMM’s 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. This combination retails for $109.98, and you get it for only $19.99. This combination is not sold anywhere else and when this inventory is gone, it’s gone for good. Happy Zomming!

Hi Tyross,

The ZOMM Wireless Leash has a noise-cancelling microphone and a powerful speaker in a small, key fob-sized package.

The supplied visor clip gives you the clearest-possible conversations while driving, ideally positioning it and amplifying the sound out of the Wireless Leash.

The Wireless Leash, like any hands-free Bluetooth device, needs occasional recharging. The battery can last up to five days, and with typical use may need to be recharged every 2-3 days. The supplied car charger also allows you to charge your device on the go.

The Wireless Leash can be connected to one phone at a time, but connecting it to another phone will not trigger its alarm. Before powering off your phone or deactivating the phone’s Bluetooth feature, we suggest turning off the Wireless Leash, or the alarm will trigger. The Leash alarm, like all of the Wireless Leash’s features, is fully customization in the myZOMM dashboard (for Mac or PC), and the alarm can be silenced or deactivated.

I use my Zomm everyday, both in my personal vehicle and my work vehicle (a truck). Noise has not been an issue. Everyone hears me fine and I hear them. It comes with both a wall and car charger so keeping it charged is a non-issue. Mine holds a charge for about 2 days. As for connecting to another device, one would have to physically pair it. I do this back and forth with my personal phone and work phone and then, yes, an alarm sounds, and one quick push silences it. Same thing as if you walk a distance away from your phone with the Zomm. That is what it is intended to do. I am in for another so I can have one for both vehicles and both phones. And another on top of that because hubby wants one now after being jealous seeing mine in action. Thanks Woot! for bringing these back in time for Christmas!

This is an uninformed post with incorrect information. You clearly have no experience owning and using a Zomm.

I bought one months ago when they were $30. Speaker phone is fine, charge lasts for days and recharges fast. Wish it had a replaceable battery though for when it does wear out. Might be nice to buy another at this price for back up but I can’t imagine it would be good for the battery to sit unused. Any thoughts from battery geeks?

I have a stupid question. Does the Bluetooth on your phone stay on the entire time for it to work?

Bought one for my senile mother-in-law who was constantly forgetting to take her phone when she left the house.

Big mistake. Apparently senility precludes a person from the ability to connect the charger. Ever.

Yes, the Bluetooth on your phone keeps the communication between the device and your phone active.

Thanks for the reply.

Any chance of noise-cancelling mic on future models?

Talk time is estimated at 2 hours before the battery dies correct?

Also, the alarm going off example was from people saying things such as when they get in their car and their car’s Bluetooth connects, it disconnects the Zomm and it alarms. So prior to getting in to the car they have to disconnect the Zomm each time. Not true?

Hi mellobeth66,

The Bluetooth feature of your phone must be on in order for it to maintain a connection with the Wireless Leash.

Bluetooth technology is low-power consuming and places a minimal amount of drain on the phone’s battery, especially in comparison with the WiFi, Cellular or GPS radios that smartphones power.

This is what allows the Wireless Leash to be so small and still last up to 5 days before needing to be recharged.

Hi Tyross,

The Wireless Leash included in the Woot deal has a noise-cancelling microphone.

The battery provides roughly 2 hours of continuous speakerphone talk time at high volume before needing to be charged. An adapter is supplied for charging in the car.

Using multiple Bluetooth hands-free devices depends on the capabilities of your mobile phone. Many phones can be connected to only one device at a time. The iPhone is a notable exception, and can be connected to two devices at once. In this case, when you turn on your car, the car’s Bluetooth will seamlessly connect at the same time as the Wireless Leash and you can use either device for incoming calls.

In the case of phones that support one Bluetooth hands-free connection at a time, when the Wireless Leash is connected, the second device’s connection attempt will fail. This does not trigger the Leash alarm. The easiest way to use a car kit with these phones is to turn the Wireless Leash off before turning on your car. Then, when you get out of the car, you can turn the Wireless Leash back on and it will reconnect to your phone automatically.

There is NO app for iPhones.

Will this work for a non smart phone?

The current model offered on woot works with all phones that have Bluetooth and with all carriers. It is supported by an Android App as well, however, all functions can also be utilized using an iPhone, including free updates and personal customization via our website and the USB cable included in the package.

Yes, this works with non-smart phones as long as they have Bluetooth.

Hi roonboo14,

The Wireless Leash will work with any mobile phone that supports Bluetooth technology. It does not need to be a smart phone. In fact, the vast majority of phones in the market today support Bluetooth.

Does the capability to find your zomm (like the wireless leash plus does from iPhone) work from the web at all. That’s a feature that I’d like to take advantage of.

Very cool product at a great price!

Hi mthomtech,

The Wireless Leash uses a Bluetooth connection to work with your cell phone. It isn’t possible to track it through the web.