ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity OC

1 Like

real housewives of atlanta money GIF by HULU

1 Like

Some reseller in TX got 3.

Sucks to be them. Graphics cards are easy to get now.

3 Likes

I hope for their sake that whoever they are bought them for a build or they’re going to be sorely disappointed if they try to scalp them.

Edit: based on the change to sales stats, it would appear that they have cancelled their order.

2 Likes

Rumor has it that the 4k series will be double the power of current gen 3k series. Don’t buy.

3 Likes

Exactly, twice the power draw from the wall. Rumors are saying 500 or 600 W plus

2 Likes

Let’s be realistic: if the rumored power draw of 600W is indeed accurate, and if the 4090 behaves anything like the 3090 has, then it will pull at least 600W; and that’s before accounting for the micro spikes in power that the 3090 is notorious for – particularly in that spikes of greater than 500W have been observed and reported with the 3090.

5 Likes

4000 series will be really hard to get in the beginning just like the 3000 series was.

3 Likes

Did Woot accidentally hire someone who knows how to price tech?

At $1k it’s tempting but I’m sure 99% of people who pass on this and are target audience to buy this are justifying it either under “Zotac is the worst tier 3090” or “4000 is so close, don’t buy now”.

This price on Woot signals that we are about to see better deals on better cards. Hoooooooooooooooold!

Holding Hold The Line GIF

16 Likes

Lmao the $1500 6900 xt

1 Like

If you were successful at getting a card at 3000 launch, wait for 4000. If you’re a noob and haven’t bought a card in two years, this would be a fantastic card at this price. Bet the 4000 series equivalent will be close to this price point.

1 Like

I wonder at what point we’re going to see GPUs having their own AC plug or laptop style external power supply.

5 Likes

Was this a deal, Dave?

2 Likes

Can this card be used for crypto mining?

2 Likes

Can you use that card? Yes.

Should you use that card? No.

6 Likes

For power consumption, you may want to look elsewhere. It may be a net loss depending on your electricity costs. Also, depending on what you’re mining, the RTX cores may not even be utilized.

That said, the 4k series are supposed to be beastly… if you can get one lol I had to buy a prebuilt to get my 3070 after waiting months to get a 3k and giving up hope. I threw my old card in the prebuilt and resold it for nearly the same price as I paid for the whole system. That was in the dark ages.

With any luck, the crypto mining bubble has burst and people who actually need graphics cards for graphical needs can get one! Nvidia needs to do what Sony did and have real PS accounts get to reserve something. One per delivery address threw a kink in the miners/resellers operations. That’s how I got my PS5 six months ago at least. It took two months after reserving directly with Sony but… it worked.

Isn’t Intel supposed to be coming out with a Hold entire rig

2 Likes

External would be awesome. Especially of it was an in optional barrel jack. That way any PC could be upgraded with any GPU. Extra handy with things like HP and their proprietary bullshit.

1 Like

Will also eat 2x the power and will have power demand spikes that will at most Challenge your GPU. Yes it will be better but there will be costs to it

3 Likes