ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition…

Can you… uh… do this deal again?

Hi there. Maybe? It’s hard to say. It depends on what we can get from our vendors. :slight_smile:

darn, can’t believe i missed this…

Yes that really sucks!!! Woot staffers, what time did these cards go on sale, was that 2 in the AM or 2 PM??? I bet a bunch of people selling cards to crypto-miners especially when you can buy 10 at a pop bought these. Not fair to the people that just want to purchase one or two for gaming. Very, very disappointed in you Woot.

Picture does not match description. Easy way to tell, Founder’ss edition requires the stock heat sink and fan design by nVidia. Founder’s edition cards will have a single blower type fan.

It’s messed up as usual says Founders Edition which is different AND says Amp! Edition which IS what is pictured.

So who knows… I’m just seeing this now so a bit ticked either way
I refuse to spend more than retail for a gpu just because market demands it.
We need restrictions of cards/customer from manufacturer.

According to the Sales Stats, 100% of the purchasers bought one… You can be angry about expensive GPUs, but don’t take it out on Woot!, this was an amazing deal and I’m sad I missed it too.

sales stats also show that 25% of the cards bought were from accounts made same day. that very likely means 50% of the cards sold went to the same people. cmon woot! add an account age feature or something!

I bought one… I paid for it… The charge cleared… Got an email this morning saying I have been fully refunded for my purchase. I didn’t ask for a refund so I called them. Apparently they oversold the item and MY ORDER was one that they decided to cancel… Even though it went through. This is pretty upsetting.

Oh hell. A two year old card for $300!?! It could have been the card to propel me into the VR world.

Pity.

angry grumble Damn cryto miners.

Same story. I got the last one (of 4) so I guess there was 2 or less? Overall a weird situation

Wait, so you did end up with one, or your order was also cancelled? I have been trying to work this out with Woot Support with absolutely zero success.

Dude, you’re not alone. I was the first to purchase, caught it on a lucky break, and they refunded me too. I have no clue what happened, but i’m hella pissed.

Yeah 3 year old card or not 1070’s are solid performers. I would have bought all I could. Sell what you don’t want to keep…Sucks you guys who thought you got one.

First to order! That is crazy. I really don’t understand what is going on.

Try contacting support. If enough of us make a stink - maybe they will do something about it.

I’d also like to point out that on my orders page, it still says preparing for shipment…

Says the same for me, and I contacted support as well. I got the same response, over sold and refunded, but they didn’t make any mention as to why I was refunded. Assuming that the stock existed in the first place, I would assume the first buyer would definitely get one. If 3 out of the 4 who bought were refunded, maybe it would be safe to assume there were none in stock to begin with? Could have been a mismanagement of inventory, so they thought they had extra when they didn’t.

Hi there. I’m sorry for the disappointment. We have no control over the order in which Amazon fulfill our orders. :\

Sometimes when the go to pull orders, they find items that are not sellable - damaged - and we have to cancel the order. Or the inventory isn’t where it’s supposed to be.

Again, I’m sorry.

So do we get a chance at ordering one in the future without having to wait in line? I assume that once I pay for something, I’ll receive the item - but apparently that’s not the case… :frowning: