Zune 80GB Multimedia Player & Home Audio/Video Pack

All better and nothing like that should happen again.

Cnet gives it 4/5 and user review average is 4/5

Cnet Review

Man, this seems like a great deal. Only problem is $150 is a bit much for me to spend right now, especially while I have my eye on the ZuneHD that’s supposed to be coming later this year.

It wouldn’t be a bad bet to wager around half of my Woots are Zune related. I would have never invested in the product without Woot’s efforts. I probably would have just stuck with my iPod. Same with a lot of people that bought Zunes after trying to jack mine.

Basically what I’m getting at is MS owes a debt to Woot… ETA on the Zune Touch HD refurb?

Great! a always wanted a Zune but could nver find it refurbished (I just cant trust the new) good night!!! :frowning:

I have this same setup but with a 120 gig Zune (I upgraded from a 30 gig). I have about 30 gigs of space left on it and I love it. I have a large music collection and this holds all of that and quite a few movies. Best Christmas gift I’ve ever gotten for myself. I’ve never had any problems with this. $150 is a good deal

Got 30 gb the last time they were on. Absolutley love it. Zune pass rocks, if I didn’t buy another 30 on for my wife on new egg yesterday would definatly be in for this one. she wants to dump her nano because she liked mine so much

I assume we’re comparing this to the iPod Classic?

The Zune is better in every way, really. The iPod is only worth it if you’ve sunk your funds into iTunes, or you think people care what DAP you use.

I guess the squircle vs. the iPod ring thing is up to taste, too…

hmmm if I didn’t purchase the 30gig earlier this summer, I would for sure buy this. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Zune thus far.

I have the 30GB Zune from a couple of months ago, but I was dangerously close to filling it up. In for one, these things are GREAT and now with WiFi Sync, etc. WOW!

Compared with the Ipods, what’s the DRM deal with the Zunes?

This is one heck of a deal! I loved my 1st gen zune from woot no less, if your deciding between this an an ipod touch the question is what you really want to do with it. obviously this is 10X the capacity, same screen resolution, and integrates much more simply into WMC. You can transcode for the touch but it’s a HUGE pain. This seems to be one touch and its on the Zune. If you just want music get the Zune but if you’re looking for a mobile internet device go for the touch. Zune wifi is to sync with your home network or transfer songs to other Zunes not browsing the web.

Given the coming release of the Zune HD, I’m going to hold off. This is a good deal, and tempting. I find the iPod to have a better “in-your-hand” interface than the Zune, but the software on the desktop to manage the device contents is so much better for the Zune than the iPod.

I’m waiting for the Zune HD to come out in September (fingers crossed) or else I’d jump right on this deal. Also, I have no need for 80GB of music. I love my 8GB Zune. It’s durable as none other and sounds great.

I can’t go into the pros and cons of the newer models as I have one of the original 30 gigs – but If I had the bucks, I’d get this one.

Zune interface is a little clunky, as I do have to work a bit to get it to add music files sometimes, but I love the storage, the size, and the durability (I’ve had it now for something like 2 1/2 years – used a reasonable amount, carry it with me generally everywhere).

Not sexy, but I’ll take the substance over the style. (and I just am resistant to jumping on the bandwagon…we also have had many sansa Mp3’s that have held up well).

Have had several Zunes, they are awesome. Especially since MS is offering all its firmware upgrades free, so you’re guaranteed you will at least stay slightly less outdated.

The only problem with the 80 in my opinion is the touch doesn’t respond just to pressure, it requires touch. So you can’t press it through thick pants.

Yea, all these Zune owners sound so disappointed with their purchases. Sorry to burst your bubble, Apple fanboy, but Zune isn’t going away anytime soon. In fact, it will probably gain some momentum with the release of the ZuneHD this fall.

Ditto.

How does Zune do with refurbs?

I was told that Apple removed DRM on their songs a little earlier, just an FYI.

Still, I don’t want to pay .99 a song or $10 an album from iTunes (or anyone for that matter).