Zwilling Cronidur Cutlery

$190.00 for two steak knives? Two? How tough is that friggin’ meat???

And how often do you eat steak?

Here’s a thought: Spend a little more on the steak and you won’t have to worry about the knives.

Just sayin’

That is a good one Tatts you took the words right out of my mouth.

You took the steak right out of my mouth.

Henckels are really nice knives. If I wasn’t broke right now I’d be in for one of the chef’s knives.

Honestly, it baffles me why some people will shell out so much for some things because they’re seen as luxury items but then when it comes to something you’d use every day they go with the less effective option just because it’s a little cheaper.

A little cheaper? Chef’s knives are a luxury item?

Steak knives fall into a different category than cooking knives.
As do utility knives or camping/pocket knives.

I have many higher end chef’s knives, but I wouldn’t spend this amount on an eating utensil because it’s completely unnecessary. It doesn’t equate to being as useful or necessary as when prepping the food combined with a quality of steel that can be re-edges and honed again and again and again.

When eating food, a situation can actually happen where knives can be too sharp.
We’d all be eating with razor blades if it weren’t the case.
Most people would prefer some feel to the cut, likely serrated so as to have some bite on the meat being cut through and not something that’s going to etch the glaze on their dishes.

We’re into the gold plated toilet seat zone here. This combined with it being a set of two? This seems like an iffy product.

“Honestly, it baffles me why some people will shell out so much for some things because they’re seen as luxury items but then when it comes to something you’d use every day they go with the less effective option just because it’s a little cheaper.”

I think you missed the point- Pantheist is, I believe, saying exactly what you are. You agree that having nice items you use regularly- high end chef’s knives- is worthwhile. Pantheist wasn’t making a case for the steak knives- the point was that, while expensive, a good chef’s knife is worth the money. Don’t get so uptight thinking the comment was directed at you. Pantheist’s post was not quoting anybody…

All that aside, I own a set of Henckel’s international line (one of the least expensive sets). I wish the paring knife would stay sharper, but for my purposes, as somebody who is not a professional chef, my knives are terrific (and were $250 retail for the whole set- 8" chef, 6" santoku, deboner, 8" utility, bread, paring, scissors, steel, and 6x steak, plus the block). I don’t understand how, if you take care of your knives and keep them honed with the steel, these knives are any better than mine. But, to each their own.

Are these made in China or Germany?

Zwilling Cronidur are made in Germany