Zyxel 802.11G PCI Card 2-Pack

today’s copy reads

“And you get the warm feeling of knowing that you will never again see your cousin Frank go for the vodka and catch his toe on the ethernet cable that rips your laptop into a flatspin so tight and terrifying that you can hear the little whispered goodbyes out of each tiny speaker.”

wonderful writing, as usual, but my laptop doesn’t have a PCI slot.

does yours?

and there is no n standard…

Can’t speak to the card itself. However, I did just purchase the ZyXEL MIMO wireless router. The router works like a champ and has great reviews. In the researching I did about ZyXEL most folks had nothing but positive things to say about the brand.

$20 for 2 cards is a great price if you need them.

I almost wonder how people actually use a desktop anymore c’mon woot

product page on zyxel website: Zyxel Networks, Your Networking Ally | Zyxel Networks

at compusa here:
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=cat3&product_code=319672&Pn=ZyAir_G_302_Wireless_G_PCI_Card

N is not the current standard for the general public. Maybe it is for the godly almighty computer enthusiast such as yourself.

usually…no

I agree.
Huked onn foniks rily werked fir mee!

I’d rather just have a usb wireless adapter. They’re simple, unobtrusive and relatively cheap. Oh wait…I already do. :wink:

Thank you for saving me from making the exact same post. What a tool.

I got the Zyxel PCI usb ports and one of the boxes came with the driver on a floppy disk. The other box had CD. Who uses floppy disks anymore? I’m in for a set of two.

…802.11n standard is not due for final approval until April 2008.

Who doesn’t have one??? Me! I don’t even know what it is.

It looks like if it is a version 3 card, it runs on a TI chipset. Which means absolutely no official native linux driver (TI is not that friendly). However, looks like some people have had luck with ndiswrapper but it’s hit or miss since you don’t know the revision number…

Crappy item again tonight as usual but at least it isn’t another VCR or referb. There is also an error in the description which could mislead many non-technical wooters:

“ethernet cable that rips your laptop into a flatspin”

Since this item can not be installed in a laptop then your ethernet cable is still going to send your laptop into a flatspin, unless of course you have a laptop that was made after the stone age and thus it has a wireless card built in and you don’t need this crappy item anyway.

Well once again it is time to leave disappointed. One can only hope woot will wake up and smell the coffee after their New Years hangover wears off…

Isn’t “Zyxel” a brand of male enhancement medicin?

Zyxel sounds like a prescription drug not an electronics corporation.

HAHAHA RATS!!! YOU BEAT ME TO THAT ERROR!!

“And you get the warm feeling of knowing that you will never again see your cousin Frank go for the vodka and catch his toe on the ethernet cable that rips your laptop into a flatspin so tight and terrifying that you can hear the little whispered goodbyes out of each tiny speaker.”

These are for a laptop??? ;-p

Ahhh, someone beat me to it :wink:

Put into English:

WOOT got overly cute with their description. THIS DOES NOT WORK with laptops (got tired of screaming).

Otherwise, it’s not a bad deal. If you haven’t already snarled your house with wires…

G’night wootsters!