(NEW) Google Pixel 5 w/5G 128GB (Fully Unlocked)

(NEW) Google Pixel 5 w/5G 128GB (Fully Unlocked)

Uhm, the new Pixel 6a is $449 and you get $300 trade-in credit for certain phones, making it $149. Why would anyone buy a Pixel 5 for $429?

3 Likes

@Wooter12026881 Can you please explain whether the trade in credit is for outright purchase of the Pixel 6 or do you still pay it within a plan? The former is a great deal (where?) but the latter would be paying for the phone in installments and sometimes an awful deal if e.g., the plan is $50 and of that $20 is payment for the phone continually.

Here you are making a one time purchase of the phone.
I tend to purchase my phones used in near new condition (tiny screen burn in) for under $149 with no further monthly charges for the phone itself (unlimited plans can be $30 even for a Verizon MVNO with BYOP plans).

1 Like

No plan necessary.

(One of the phones which has up to $300 credit is the Pixel 4, and Woot has some available for $175.)

1 Like

I bought the phone and paid $449. After I received the phone, they sent me a trade-in kit (which is basically a prepaid box). I put my old phone in the trade-in box and mailed it back and they credit $300 to my credit card.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered the 6a, though it got delivered a day late.

As far as the trade-in went, they tried delivering it on Saturday and then on Monday after hours.

Unfortunately, both times it got rejected due to delivery point being unavailable.

Thankfully it got delivered on the 9th.

(I had to purchase a new Pixel 4a on eBay for the trade-in, due to my other one having been sold earlier this year. (The cheaper Swappa listings were sold by the time I realized this.))

Btw, if you enter your tracking number on FedEx’s website, you can sign for the package electronically. That way they can leave the package at your door without you having to sign for it in person.

3 Likes

My driver signed for it in my name.

Mixed feelings about that.

1 Like

Big oof. :astonished:

1 Like

Thank you, Froody.

1 Like

Than you. So sounds like your plan and phone were completely separate. No recurring payments for phone as part of the plan.

Correct.

I mean, you could do a monthly thing instead, if that’s what you really want.

:wink:

2 Likes

Thankfully I was home when the package was delivered, so…

2 Likes

No thank you. I also do not like to go to phone store with ATM stamped on forehead.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Three words: Rear Fingerprint Reader

Google Tensor Chip

1 Like

Wireless charging (OK, that was just two words, but still…)

Unfortunately Google’s trade-in is limited to a few manufacturers. My sketchy gray-market Aliexpress-sourced Xiaomi Mi8 doesn’t show.

Guaranteed Security Updates

Pixel 5
Guaranteed Android version updates until at least: Oct 2023
Guaranteed security updates until at least: Oct 2023

Pixel 6a
Guaranteed Android version updates until at least: July 2025
Guaranteed security updates until at least: July 2027

6 Likes