Echo (2nd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa

Echo (2nd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa

Is Woot just trying to take advantage of people that don’t have any idea how to search on Amazon for the same product? It’s cheaper on there and at least now they have open box options not used…

1 Like

I must be one of those people, because I can’t find the same item on Amazon for this price or less. Can you post a link?

They are living in their own private Idaho. Same price on the mothership. Amazon Echo (2nd generation) — Alexa Speaker

Well, $0.17 cheaper but that’s for the acceptable condition. As you get better condition they are more expensive. Still for woot, I would expect a better deal. Especially if you have Prime.

2 Likes

Agreed with others - seems like Woot should be discounting more vs Woot Mother Amazon or why is Woot needed?

“Amazon Used” condition aside, since, unlike “Amazon Recertified”, Amazon Used can result in very mixed condition, regardless of claimed condition… $30 seems like a reasonable price for a 2nd gen Echo.

Don’t leave it in the box after receiving it - remove it, carefully examine it, and thoroughly test it if you don’t plan to immediately put it into service. We’ve had very poor condition issues on about half our “Amazon Used” devices, even after only buying “Very Good” condition. For devices bought from Woot, Woot Customer Service has been very responsive, offering easy returns or further price discounts.

1 Like

If you already have a bunch of Echo Dots in your home, but no full/standard Echo’s, $30 for a 2nd gen Echo is a very inexpensive way to vastly improve sound quality for streaming music.

With each generation of (standard) Echo, the sound quality has noticeably improved until the 4th gen Echo, with its irritating globular form factor and LED status ring hidden underneath, which doesn’t really sound all that much better than the prior gen.

The sound quality of the 2nd gen Echo is noticeably better than the 1st gen and noticeably not quite as nice as the 3rd gen. Note, if you have a “2nd gen Echo Plus”, it is actually a 3rd gen Echo and sounds nicer than this true 2nd gen. As with the “2nd gen Echo Show 10”, which is actually the 1st gen Echo Show 10, Amazon inexplicably causes confusion with its generation naming.

1 Like

PRICE DROP!

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

3 Likes

Thanks, a buck price drop to $29 is better than nothing! Certainly a solid choice for someone looking to dramatically improve their streaming music sound quality vs their Echo Dots, for not much more money.

Amazon currently has up to 70% off their devices, plus big sale coming oct 10-12-ish…

Plus this comes with 6 months premium music service - so speaker is free _

Talk about well-rounded. Echo combines premium sound, a built-in Zigbee smart home hub, and a temperature sensor. Powerful speakers deliver clear highs, dynamic mids, and deep bass for rich, detailed sound that adapts to any room. Just ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, make calls, and tell you the news, sports scores, weather, and more.

Echo (4th Gen) and 6 months of Amazon Music Unlimited FREE w/ auto-renewal - Twilight Blue https://a.co/hwffE5f

Great deal

Deal of the day for Prime Members: Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Charcoal with 2-Pack GE CYNC Smart LED Color Bulb https://a.co/04KTxNk

I hate to say… the 2nd gen. Is the worst sounding …a small amout of bass… and it distorts…just a warning.

Is there no limit or am i going to be pissed next week when a new one drops?

Sorry, pun aside, but the Amazon industrial designers went off the rails with the 4th gen Echo & Echo Dots.

That bulky fully fabric covered dust-collector globular form factor is a loser. Add insult to poor usability - the LED status light ring on both models is hidden underneath the device rather than on top where it belongs.

When was the last time a prior gen Echo device of any generation was still being sold new (3rd gen Dot hockey puck form factor) and even promoted with deals… three years after the latest gen Echo device was released? The market speaks.

While I agree the 3rd gen Echo (also the “2nd gen” Echo Plus, which is actually a 3rd gen Echo) sounds noticeably better, especially in the bass frequencies… I just listened to a wide range of music from 80-100% volume level on one of our 2nd gen Echos - there was no “distortion”. There might be something wrong with your 2nd gen Echo.

The last time I saw a 3rd gen Echo for sale here it was almost twice this $29 price. For not much more than any gen of Dot on sale, this 2nd gen Echo is a big step up in sound quality.

No. And yes.

Well i guess if you turn the bass off…and dont go over half on volume…you will be ok…it was new when i got it…and its not broke…i have all generations so far…and 2ND IS FAR THE WORST!