Ninja Foodi 15-in-1 Smart Dual Heat Air Fryer Oven

Ninja Foodi 15-in-1 Smart Dual Heat Air Fryer Oven

It seems the people at Ninja keep pulling a Nigel Tufnel with these kitchen gadgets.

I have one of these.
It is the best toaster oven I have ever owned.

I don’t use it to cook raw foods like meat, but I use it everyday to toast breads, reheat frozen foods like pizza, tater tots, etc.

Hands down, it’s amazing. Trully.

The stuff I put in it always comes out perfect. And the best part is it gets up to baking temperature in a few seconds! Even if you set it at 450!

The big downside I can see is if you want to actually cook stuff like a whole chicken. It’s not gonna fit. But for my uses, I am 100% satisfied.

4 Likes

I bought one of these new a while back and use it as my primary oven. It does have more room inside than the previous version but not too much. The key for me is being able to flip it up in my tiny kitchen. I like the added probe.

What I hate about this-- and my previous smaller version of the same flip up oven-- is that as an air fryer, it’s lousy. If you are buying this primarily to air fry nuggets, strips, fries, tater tots and that kind of stuff, I’d get the Foodi Grill or the drawer type air fryer. You can’t shake the basket in this oven and having to flip fries and stuff is way too time consuming and they just don’t come out right to me. Nuggets and strips and stuff like that do not get the crunchy exterior in these ovens that the drawer or top opening fryers do.

If you are cooking frozen stuff, like bbq wings on the air fry setting, you want only the basket in there so the air can circulate, but that results in some of the drippings getting on the heating elements and they’re a nightmare to clean. The same goes for home made chicken tenders and cutlets, stuff falls through the basket and onto the element and it’s total pain.

For pans of roasted veggies and stuff, toast, pizza, etc. this is great but even the slightest brush of oil on something will result in it popping and possibly making a smoke detector go off. I use it every day but stick with the Foodi Grill/Air Fryer for stuff that I want to be crunchy like it was truly fried.

3 Likes

If you make fries you can take the basket out, shake it and put it back in. Not so time consuming.

I don’t use the flip up function, which I actually forgot I had until I read your post. Seems like the only reason for that is to free up some counter space when you’re not using it, but all your crumbs will be getting thrown down to the far end of the oven unless you meticulously clean it after each use.

2 Likes

The basket is about an inch high. Shaking it doesn’t flip french fries.

Maybe you have a lot of space and can blow off the flip up function but yes I have a very small space so that’s no small feature for me and others who have limited space.

I make rye toast and have no crumbs. Everything else is cooked on a tray that’s removed and washed after use so not sure where this mountain of crumbs that fall to the back of the oven come from. But you do you.

Check out a youtube video of chef’s flipping pancakes without a spatula. Its the same concept, except you use two hands and shake it more than flipping. Really works!!