Wise Company 160-Serving Bucket

Wise Company 160-Serving Bucket

Before buying this product as a “one month supply” take a look at the calories per serving on the meals. They list this based on three servings per day (per person), but for most of the meals (not including the deserts for realism) you’re looking at 180-250 calories, using only 1/4 of a pouch which makes storage awkward. Even if you go the generous route and calculate based on 250 kcal and add a margin for desert and drink, you’re looking at a daily calorie intake under 1000 kcal, which is HALF the recommended daily intake for an adult male. That’s starvation level eating.

This would be more accurate to call it a Two Week (one adult) bucket.

The specs say the entire bucket is 18,680C so if you do 2,000C/day per adult, that’s 9 days.

Someone should do a “Super Size Me” type diet documentary where they live for 30 days consuming nothing but bucket food.

2 Likes

I’d watch the heck out of that, especially with a cringey title like “Bucket Eaters.”

I would like to know what the expiration date is on this bucket.

Another point about servings in these:

44 of the “servings” are actually drinks (“milk” and orange drink) and
8 of the “servings” are soup
Then there are the pudding, fruit, and yogurt for 24 servings
So, 'purt near 50% of the so-called “servings” in this bucket aren’t really meals.

It makes a lot more sense to buy these individually than in bulk like this.

They say they are good for “up to 20 years”

For someone new at this, where do you recommend looking researching to buy these individually? I also have a gluten allergy to make this even more difficult.

Depends on how hardcore you want to go. I’d honestly recommend Mountain house over these. If you want something a bit better for camping or more interesting meals, i’d look into the ones below. Menu options are limited, but comes with heating elements if you don’t have a stove to heat water, and I THINK may have water purification (Double check that).

https://www.amazon.com/Meal-Kit-Supply-Premium-Heaters-x/dp/B00NODBZUE/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1544738281&sr=1-1&keywords=Civilian+MRE

1 Like

Specs say, “Manufactured in October 2018
25 year shelf life”

1 Like

Not sure how many here have been in a disaster situation, but this is a great deal. I myself road put Rita in 2005 which was 30 days after Katrina in southern Louisiana. No one can move enough supplies or support to help all impacted. All those who blamed the government, they have no idea of the amount of devastation. Luckily we has supplies in the pantry, and made it much better than many others. Think it was almost 10 days before “ help” arrived. We, the community helped each other. We did not wait for freebies or the government. You see this deal again on this site or any other, take it and don’t worry if the math is correct, it’s called edible safe food. I myself purchased 3.

2 Likes