Creminelli Prosciutto, Approx 9.5lbs

Creminelli Prosciutto, Approx 9.5lbs

Oh my gooooooooooooood, I bought 9lbs of the salami a couple months ago and now this!

Woot are you trying to give me gout? Because this is how you get gout.

(If their prosciutto is anywhere near as good as their salami, you might want to order two)

5 Likes

This may be the first actual deal on food since the Gourmet tab went live. That said, it would take me a couple years to go through 9+ pounds of prosciutto.

1 Like

Looks like an awesome deal for once, but not sure how I’d slice it at home :confused:

Does this make me an enabler?

2 Likes

This is VERY tempting but how would one store this properly?

Refrigerator, lowest shelf, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.

1 Like

is this bone-in or boneless? Bottom pic looks boneless, but first pic makes it hard to tell

Do not wrap in plastic. Cheesecloth is best as it allows the ham to breathe. It is salt cured so it has a long, long shelf life in the frig. Trim only the skin and fat from where you want to slice. If mold forms, trim it off.

1 Like

Any idea how long it can be stored in that manner after it has been cut? I would most likely vacuum seal it after each use. I have read online that 40 days is the max after cutting (before it is 12 months if sealed). I’m hoping that vacuum sealing after each use would extend it to near the unused duration.

This is incorrect advice.

If you have a vac sealer then that’s the best way to do it.
If you don’t then tightly plastic wrapped, lowest shelf.

1 Like

Prosciutto is historically bone-in. I suspect that this one is as well. Traditionally, one slices in the direction of the bone in thin silvers as the flavor varies along the length of the ham.

A boneless Prosciutto di Parma can be stored in its vacuum pack up to 12 months, refrigerated at 40 ĚŠF to 42 ĚŠF.

1. Once the vacuum seal is broken and slicing begins, the ham can be held under refrigeration up to 40 days. Freezing is not recommended.
  2. After slicing, cover the cut surface tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

The pictures do not show a bone so I assume it is NOT bone-in.

You’re not so much worried about spoilage, although that is definitely a possibility, but moisture loss with prosciutto crudo. Re-vac sealing will help with both.

1 Like

You’d just about have to freeze it. 9 pounds is an awful lot of a product that’s meant to be used sparingly.

This is a true deal, but I’m not sure the logic checks out on it being a “good” deal from the perspective that it’s unlikely you could eat enough of it before the quality starts degrading to make it worth the effort.

We took a chance and ordered it. Ideally it would have been available before the holidays so that there would be more opportunity to use it at bigger gatherings but I do love me some prosciutto.

1 Like

from Creminelli - no bone.

I bit the bullet and ordered. So much meat.

2 Likes