SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

1 Like

I got one of these a few weeks ago. The included instructions were a lacking any descriptions of the steps so a lot of time was spent second guess myself. Overall, it took about an hour to put together. Here are some instructions with details that will help: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

This is my first printer and I’ve been very happy with it so far. It takes a while to zero in on settings (bed temp, nozzle temp, etc). I’m using Inland PLA at 220 on the nozzle and 80 on the bed. After the print, I wait until the bed temp has returned to room temperature before removing it.

2 Likes

I own one of these. Price to value is AMAZING. Things to know? DO NOT FOLLOW THE BUILD INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED. Will it get it put together? Yes, but it will NOT give you great results. Get youtube, and watch “Tomb of 3D Printed Horrors”. He has a GREAT build video. The Ender3 User Group on facebook also is an amazing resource. Make sure you buy another roll of filament because the filament that comes with it will last about 2 minutes.

I have about 100 hours of printing on mine already, and once I got through the beginning issues it has been amazing!

BTW: The price? about what I paid for it on GearBest. The “MSRP” they have is about $100 higher than I’ve ever seen it for.

2 Likes

I own one of these and it’s a pretty darn good printer for the price.

2 Likes

I really wish this was in the budget. I’ve already bought myself enough Christmas gifts though.

1 Like

In for one; This will be my first 3D printer…Now I just need to figure out where to put it! I’ve been researching this printer for a while and missed it the last time it was $180 on Woot. It sold out while it was in my shopping cart, so definitely didn’t want to have that happen again!

Since I’ve started researching, I have found a ton of resources (too many to really list) for this machine; this really has a great community behind it.

While waiting to ship, definitely check out a few resources here:
Teaching Tech on Youtube, he has a lot of great reviews and videos on mods that you can print out: Teaching Tech - YouTube
How to set up Octoprint with a Raspberry Pi 3: https://howchoo.com/g/ntg5yzg1odk/using-octoprint-with-the-creality-ender-3-3d-printer

There are the Ender3 and 3D Printing Reddits, that I would link to, but stupid Woot thinks I’m a new user (Despite being a Wooter for 14+ years) and won’t let me add more than 2 links in a post.

1 Like

If you ever wanted to print 3d stuff at home. It has never been better, cheaper with higher quality results than this Ender 3 unit right here. And if you don’t believe me…“experts” on Google, YouTube or your social site of choice all seem to agree this is the best bang for buck and in many ways prints better than many of the bigger brands that cost far more. This is one of the rare times when the Chinese “copy” has made a really good and dare I say reliable product. I have this printer and love tinkering with it. You will learn and occasionally fail with it, but you quickly learn why things fail and usually perfect it on the next print.

Just buy a roll or more of filament when you order this. The filament included, oddly isn’t enough to print the test dog file it comes with. Most rolls of fillament are about $20(hatchbox is favorite of many). Be wary of cheaper priced filament. It’s cheaper because it’s low quality(occasionally) or it’s a specialty or half sized roll. Granted half rolls can be a great way to try new colors or materials, but it’s usually more pricey than full rolls at 2.2lbs(1kg). And always buy PLA filament till you master your printer. It’s just easier to work with.

Hope you get off the fence and jump into the hobby. I did and I really enjoy it. Just be prepared to spend another $200 on fun filament colors and textures, wood is awesome to print with!

2 Likes

Can I ask everyone that has the printer what 3D creator software do you use?

Well, shucks. Was too busy at work until now to see I missed this!

Maybe next time.

Does “Sold Out” ever revert to “Available” with cancelled orders etc? Was researching this and then whammo, all gone.

Also, for future reference, does this easily spool the 1KG big spools?

Sometimes but not often. Basically, we watch and if there’s enough, we’ll unsellout the offer. Same thing if we manage to get more.

2 Likes

Get more! Get More!!! :slight_smile:

Can’t they, like, I don’t know… print more?

1 Like

Can I ask everyone that has the printer what 3D creator software do you use?

Cura for slicing, TinkerCad and Fusion 360 for modeling

What’r the chances we’ll actually get this on the 24th? :-/

Don’t hold your breath? It wasn’t promised by Christmas but it’s shipping out of an Amazon warehouse and they do ship quick. Flip a coin?

Best place I have found so far has been the Facebook Group “Creality Ender-3 3d printer user group” LOTS of great information there. I didn’t check your link, but you really want to watch the build video (and a few others) put out by “Tomb of 3D Printing Horrors”. I had built my printer, then saw his video. I tore the entire thing down and rebuilt it. Took me 20 minutes to build it the first time, over an hour the second…lots of little tweaks to make it work SO MUCH better.

Received my order today. By far the worst packing job I have ever seen. I’m hoping it works when I get it together. Very disappointed when a purchase gets beat up due to someone’s lack of care.

I’m sorry for the problem. If something is missing or broken, contact SainSmart. They’ll have the parts to ship you. If there’s any issue there, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

SainSmart was of NO help.