Guard Dog Proshield 2 Bulletproof Backpack

Guard Dog Proshield 2 Bulletproof Backpack

This product makes me very sad.

Fortunately I’m from Canada, so no need for this.
We have common sense here.

6 Likes

Right, no murder in Canada since 1892.

5 Likes

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.4757768/toronto-shooter-was-picking-off-people-at-random-says-witness-1.4757771

1 Like

Glad it has an auxiliary port, so you can listen to your sick beats as you go through your daily school shootings.

Stanley Well? Do you want to tell your father about what happened at school today?

Um O-Oh. I flunked my math quiz.

No! The other thing!

What other thing?

What happened at school today?

Oh, the school shooting?

Yes! The school shooting!

Oh, yeah. Some kid shot up the school.

Who shot up the schoooo… Was it you?

No.

Did you get shot?

No.

Oh. Well, what’s this about failing a math quiz?

South Park is killing it this season.

Shooting test on this backpack, seems solid for sure. Guard Dog Bulletproof Backpack #2 (Product Review) - YouTube

Discount leaves a lot to be desired.

CCC says this typically sells for $124 on Amazon and has gone as low as $89. I mean, you probably won’t find this cheaper shipped currently, but this is nowhere near the lowest price this has hit on Amazon, multiple times.

For $160 you can get a backpack that offers both front and back IIIA protection. https://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR-BGBPS3003B-Guardian-Backpack-Ballistic/dp/B07BJ7PFJP/

1 Like

Yeah, if you are marketing a tactical backpack you might want to focus on the things that make it different and unique.
Built-in aux line isn’t something that brings all the cows home. Ohhh, but it has a handle!

Well… You have to wait for the back to school sale

If I lived in a big city (which I never will) such as Chicago, New York, LA, etc I’d have one of these for all my kids. Not much need for them out here in the sticks.

That backpack is pretty ugly. I would rather camo duct tape the ballistic panels to myself and be a real oper8er. At leastthe Guard Dog pack isn’t hideous.

Why do we always assume these things are to protect kids? It is a useful item for just about anyone who lives in or near a large city with high gun violence statistics. I was thinking this would be great for security personnel protecting assets in urban environments. Just a little added extra protection can go a long way.

Will this protect little Johnny from getting face sprayed by some whacked out “mentally ill” student in class? Most likely not. Pretty sure schools don’t allow kids to wander the halls with their backpacks on, they are left in lockers.

Sure it may be ugly, but I doubt someone would shoot you because of that. If they did, it just might save your life. Or at least block the splatter from the exit wound? Something to consider given all the bystanders. Odd how someone always ‘magically’ films these events, eh?

is this backback TSA approved? Will they let you carry on an airplane with it?

Has ANYone ANYwhere EVER been saved by a bullet resistant back pack?

It would pair nicely with a child’s anti-lightning helmet and grounding boots for surviving outdoor play.

4 Likes

Commenting on simonwang’s comment. Anyone know if this is allowed on a plane (TSA approved)?It would not be good to go to an airport only finding to be rejected and you cannot board your plane.

I actually purchased custom cut kevlar on ebay and just added it to my current backpack; and yes, you can fly with kevlar. I have many times.
On another note:
Level IIIA Protected: Tested and certified against .44 magnum and .9 millimeters

Really? If it was effective against a 44 magnum, it would be also effective against smaller calibers; but I would love to see this .9 mm in action.

1 Like

any backpack a child is carrying around is already inherantly bulletproof due to text books.

1 Like

I don’t see why not.

IIRC, school shootings have not occured in major cities. Most have been in smaller rural or suburban towns.

1 Like

I want to know if the protection is on the outside or inside of the pack? In other words, are the contents protected too or just the wearer? I would hope the contents would be protected.

I suspect the protective layer is in the part that touches your back, so contents would only be protected if you turn it around backwards towards the fire, but that’s not how they say to use it.

Edit:
This video seems to confirm the outside zippered part is not bullet proof. Contents of the bag get shredded after multiple tests. I’m not really sure why contents would be of much importance in that scenario, though. “Sorry, teacher, the active shooter destroyed my homework.”

1 Like

Text books are getting fewer and fewer in these days of tablets and/or cut backs.

Also, my ex-cop brother told me .22 is what freaked him out the most as they could sometimes squeeze between the ballistic fibers where as larger rounds would be stopped.

Either way, these seem like an over reaction.

1 Like