Gateway Farm Vermont Birch Syrup

Gateway Farm Vermont Birch Syrup

I pay $36 for a gallon, This is only a pint over $100 for a gallon.

I EDITED and removed the part of not seeing that these were pints

I can’t speak for the price, but I can address the last point in your statement. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry missed it and I was looking for it

Where can you get a gallon for $36? It takes over three times as much sap to make birch syrup as it does maple and here in Vermont where maple seems to be saturated you can’t even get a gallon of maple for that price. You google pure BIRCH syrup and most prices are close to $30 for a HALF PINT. Majority of birch Syrup being made in Alaska, and then Canada.

The same pint is currently a penny more at the vendor’s website. They seem to be a Mom & Pop business, and they will probably see more profit if you buy directly from them rather than from here. My $.02

1 Like

Price the same (.01)

Woot shipping $5. Site shipping $7.25.

I did a check for shipping to me and the total came to $39.52. Quite a bit cheaper here:

And Woot shipping on Gourmet is included in the price here. So it is $27.99 + tax fully shipped compared to $39.52 fully shipped from the vendor. But you should totally buy from them if you would like to give them more money. I’m a sincere fan of supporting Mom and Pop vendors and I think our Gourmet store helps get exposure to these products.

1 Like

What does birch syrup taste like? I’m intrigued, but not sure what i should expect.

You have a misspelling in the description. It’s spelled M A P L E.

But then all our “birch” jokes don’t play.

https://www.foodiepages.ca/blog/2012/11/whats-the-difference-between-birch-syrup-and-maple-syrup/

1 Like

Sounds good, I’m buying a jug.

I’m in for a try. Always up for new things - well, almost always.

P.S. - But it’s always fun to see South Dakota go from blank to “lots of wooters wooting” with my single order.

2 Likes

Do you mean you buy “birch beer syrup” for that price?

Like this ^^^^

not the same thing.

Price was off by $10 it is $46 for a full gallon plus shipping. It was $36 last year. I tend to buy yearly so I save on shipping there Maple butter and maple walnuts are great. I also buy pancake mix but sometimes there dates expire in 3 months, https://www.pattersonmaplefarms.com/Shop

Looks like maple syrup to me. Birch syrup is something different.

I missed the fact this was not Maple my bad sorry guys

I sure hope this stuff freezes well.

Mine was delivered today while I was at work, in South Dakota. The temperature is 15 below zero, and the wind chill is -43 (but don’t worry - it’ll get colder!). Yup, frozen solid.