Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL (Verizon Unlocked)

Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL (Verizon Unlocked)

I’ve never seen a Pixel Phone. Is it the quality build of an iPhone? I own an inexpensive Huawei Mate SE and it works great but I’ve considered buying a Pixel.

1 Like

It’s on par with all flagships. The highlight is software as you’re always on the latest software and it’s stock.

2 Likes

Going to show my ignorance here. Will this work on a Straight Talk network? I’ve been eyeing one of these and can’t afford it flat out but am not sure that a Verizon unlocked version works on Straight Talk? Can anyone confirm?

Why do you have drop-down boxes for both the model (Pixel 3 or Pixel 3XL) AND the screen size (5.5 or 6.3")?

The Pixel 3 is and always will be 5.5". The Pixel 3XL is and always will be 6.3". All you have done is make it harder to select the phone, especially if comparing the two!!!

4 Likes

Do purchasers also get the perks of umlimited storage for media (pictures, videos, etc…) as if purchased through Google. Also, can you still purchase an extended warranty from Google even if its a re-furb?

I’ve owned both (3 and 3XL). I thought I wanted a smaller phone after having an S9+ and other big screen phones for years, but once it arrived, it just felt too tiny. My wife is a petite woman with small hands, and it was perfect for her (though she already has a Pixel 2 and is happy with it), but if you’ve got normal-sized hands, the regular 3 is going to feel limiting, IMO. I returned it anyway because the earpiece crackled during calls, which was a known issue for the phones sold at launch, not sure if it’s still a thing.

I purchased the XL last month and have had some time to live with it. Battery life is stellar, so much better than the S9+ it replaced. The camera is awesome, but not this mind-blowing, game-changing deal some people make it out to be (it is on par with the S9+). Night Sight, however, is an amazing feature, and it works wonderfully … as long as your subject can stay still for a couple of seconds. The call screening feature is also wonderful, and whatever Spam-blocking database Google is using is great – I’ve had several Spam calls just filtered out without my phone even ringing.

I bought mine unlocked directly from Google and use it on AT&T. Wifi calling works after a couple of attempts at turning it on. Everything else seems to work fine on AT&T.

Long story short, I paid full price for mine and it was worth the cost, especially since it will be relevant for the next couple of years with guaranteed Android updates. I wish I’d waited a month to get it at this discount, but ah well. If you want a durable, good-looking case, check out the Spigen Tough Armor.

1 Like

Hey there, the second drop down for the screen size is just there to show you the screen size options. Once you select either the Model or the Screen Size, the other dropdown will default to the correct option. For example, if you selected the 6.3" screen size option without selecting a model, the only option available in the Model is the Pixel 3 XL. The regular Pixel 3 will be grayed out.

1 Like

Is this phone totally unlocked? Can i use it with Sprint without having to speak with Verizon?

And the camera is the best you’ll find in a mobile phone.

This phone is unlocked to work on different networks, but it was originally made for Verizon, and the bootloader is locked. But as far as network compatibility goes, it should work on any carrier (Pixels are not band locked the way many other phones are)

1 Like

I’d like to echo the question about whether or not you are able to purchase Google Preferred Care for these. If the fact that they are refurb means Square Trade is the only option for a support contract that would make a big difference, at least to me. Woot Admins - can you answer this question?

What is the return/refund policy if the phone arrives in an unacceptable condition?
I am really interested in this deal but I have had bad luck on refurb items in the past. But I doubt a new one will go on sale for this nice of a discount any time soon.

I’m also interested in the Google Preferred Care question and whether these qualify for the unlimited storage. If anyone knows the answers on either of those, I’d appreciate a response.

Also, do we know who did the refurb? Was it done by Google or a 3rd party?

1 Like

You’ll need to buy the Square Trade warranty if you want to purchase an extended warranty for this.

So there is a 30-day return policy from the time you receive the item to send it back to us if you are not satisfied with the product. For defects and damages to the item, there is a 90-day Woot warranty.

You’ll need to purchase the Square Trade warranty for an extended warranty on this. This was refurbished by a third party company who we trust.

Anyone know the actual model number? My carrier, Republic Wireless can only guarantee the pixel working if it’s unlocked and the correct model number. thanks.

The screen size is required for the state of California taxes on electronics waste. This is based on screen size.

Here you go:

SKU Description
GOGA00475 CLNR PIXEL 3 XL 64 GB BLACK
GOGA00463 CLNR PIXEL 3 64 GB BLACK